Dash Cluster Repair

I just got a reference for Dash cluster repair.

Carey at Advanced Auto Electronics

Building 301

Midlothian, VA 23113

866-427-1112

I was given this reference by automotive@unitedradio.com. They did the repair on my dash cluster from my 1988 Corvette. I inquired if they did Lexus repairs thus the referral.

Building 301

Midlothian, VA 23113

866-427-1112

I was given this reference by automotive@unitedradio.com. They did the repair on my dash cluster from my 1988 Corvette. I inquired if they did Lexus repairs thus the referral.

Any and all Lexus dash lighting needs (repair and customization) can be taken care of here as well.

Lexus Lighting Systems

• 6 months later...

Building 301

Midlothian, VA 23113

866-427-1112

Any and all Lexus dash lighting needs (repair and customization) can be taken care of here as well.

Lexus Lighting Systems

Hey - I just read your dash lights problem. I just got my instrument cluster back from Lextech Lighting. The price was right($99.00), but their service was less than what was promised. Before I sent the cluster we had several emails where they PROMISED in writing that everything would be 100% correct before it was returned to me. Well, I got the cluster back, the temp gauge needle was just floating around within the cluster. After I figured out how to fix it, they told what to do. Then one of the backlight bulbs was not working. Their answer 'smack the top of the dashboard'. I questioned the accuracy of the new fuel gauge needle and they told me - 'pull it off and put it where it should be' - (This was their very careful calibration they talk about). If you can get the needles, all you have to do is take out 6 screws from the back of the instrument cluster, pull the old needles off and place the new needles on the original posts. - This is not rocket science. Apparently LexTech is Way Too Busy to do any type of calibration (although they would lead you to believe that they check and calibrate every unit that they work on) - My opinion of LexTech - you get what you pay for. They are a small parts replacement shop - and their customer service is MARGINAL. . .

Building 301

Midlothian, VA 23113

866-427-1112

Lexus Lighting Systems

Hey - I just read your dash lights problem. I just got my instrument cluster back from Lextech Lighting. The price was right($99.00), but their service was less than what was promised. Before I sent the cluster we had several emails where they PROMISED in writing that everything would be 100% correct before it was returned to me. Well, I got the cluster back, the temp gauge needle was just floating around within the cluster. After I figured out how to fix it, they told what to do. Then one of the backlight bulbs was not working. Their answer 'smack the top of the dashboard'. I questioned the accuracy of the new fuel gauge needle and they told me - 'pull it off and put it where it should be' - (This was their very careful calibration they talk about). If you can get the needles, all you have to do is take out 6 screws from the back of the instrument cluster, pull the old needles off and place the new needles on the original posts. - This is not rocket science. Apparently LexTech is Way Too Busy to do any type of calibration (although they would lead you to believe that they check and calibrate every unit that they work on) - My opinion of LexTech - you get what you pay for. They are a small parts replacement shop - and their customer service is MARGINAL. . .

It will cost you a little bit more..but..I sent mine into DASHUSA.com and they did a fantastic job and was back in my car in less then 2weeks..like I said a little pricey..250.00 but I am very well satisified with their work...Cheers Air Force Rascal

Hey - I just read your dash lights problem. I just got my instrument cluster back from Lextech Lighting. The price was right($99.00), but their service was less than what was promised. Before I sent the cluster we had several emails where they PROMISED in writing that everything would be 100% correct before it was returned to me. Well, I got the cluster back, the temp gauge needle was just floating around within the cluster. After I figured out how to fix it, they told what to do. Then one of the backlight bulbs was not working. Their answer 'smack the top of the dashboard'. I questioned the accuracy of the new fuel gauge needle and they told me - 'pull it off and put it where it should be' - (This was their very careful calibration they talk about). If you can get the needles, all you have to do is take out 6 screws from the back of the instrument cluster, pull the old needles off and place the new needles on the original posts. - This is not rocket science. Apparently LexTech is Way Too Busy to do any type of calibration (although they would lead you to believe that they check and calibrate every unit that they work on) - My opinion of LexTech - you get what you pay for. They are a small parts replacement shop - and their customer service is MARGINAL

Shipping knocked the temp needle off and you stuck it back on and complained because you didn't stick it in the right spot? You don't deserve to be a buyer of anything from any vendor.

I questioned the accuracy of the new fuel gauge needle and they told me - 'pull it off and put it where it should be' - (This was their very careful calibration they talk about

Incorrect, the needles were already weighted and calibrated. After it was knocked off in shipping all YOU had to do is stick it on.

Then one of the backlight bulbs was not working.

You just clearly said all you purchased was needles, Lextech did not replace or touch your backlight. It is WELL documented on these forums that old bulb filament does not always fire, especially when it has been hit and jolted around in shipping hard enough to knock a needle completely off the cluster! You can stir the old filament by smacking the dash while the unit is turned on. This obviously had nothing to do with Lextech. You did not purchase backlight, you are complaining about your own 14 year old bulbs - laughable.

It's buyers like yourself that give good vendors a bad name. You purchased needles and complained about 14 year old backlight. You admitted shipping was so rough that it knocked a needle off the unit, then placed the needle on the contacts incorrectly and blamed the vendor. FYI the needle can swivel up to one full quarter of the gauge on the contacts. Anyone with a stock cluster can go outside and take their stock needle off and place it back on the contacts off and it will read incorrectly and can be up to one full quarter of the gauge reading off. Once the needle is weighted and the motor is adjusted to the new needle, all that is required of the consumer should a needle be knocked off is to simpy stick it back in place correctly where it should be, LLS has already done the hard work, but you did not know that because you were too busy making rude accusations. For your knowledge also Lextech is not a repair center and does not staff techs. They are an engineering firm that designs upgraded solutions for Lexus electrical systems. The engineers implement the designs into the units. You don't seem to have a single fact to your post at all.

ALL SELLERS - beware! This is a horrible buyer and he does not seem to have much sense either.

It will cost you a little bit more..but..I sent mine into DASHUSA.com and they did a fantastic job and was back in my car in less then 2weeks..like I said a little pricey..250.00 but I am very well satisified with their work...Cheers  Air Force Rascal

Dash USA is currently under litigation for copyright infringement and will not be able to warranty any of their products after the final judgement because they will not be allowed to build waterfall needles. FYI

It will cost you a little bit more..but..I sent mine into DASHUSA.com and they did a fantastic job and was back in my car in less then 2weeks..like I said a little pricey..250.00 but I am very well satisified with their work...Cheers  Air Force Rascal

Dash USA is currently under litigation for copyright infringement and will not be able to warranty any of their products after the final judgement because they will not be allowed to build waterfall needles. FYI

I have no affiliation with Lextech but I have had work done by them and I can say that there work is of the highest quality and They are honest and truly great in there field, I guess there is always the indifferent customer but I would not let that deter me from future business with www.lextech.org. :cheers: Keep up the great work LLS. ;)

• 1 year later...
It will cost you a little bit more..but..I sent mine into DASHUSA.com and they did a fantastic job and was back in my car in less then 2weeks..like I said a little pricey..250.00 but I am very well satisified with their work...Cheers Air Force Rascal

I have no affiliation with Lextech but I have had work done by them and I can say that there work is of the highest quality and They are honest and truly great in there field, I guess there is always the indifferent customer but I would not let that deter me from future business with www.lextech.org.:cheers: Keep up the great work LLS. ;)

:censored:I would not recommend DASHUSA DashUSA Auto Electronics & Speedometer http://dashusa.com/ to anyone. They have had my instrument cluster for over a month and three weeks ago they were paid and was told by Steve's rep that the cluster would be shipped that day. Its now three weeks later and I have called them various times and left messages. The last two times (about two weeks ago) was the last time I talked to STEVE himself and he told me both times that he would call me back, and to this day has not. I am unable to use my car for over a month now. I left them a message to either send the repaired item back or refund the money and send back the cluster and I can take it elsewhere for repairs, but no luck. They have caller ID, so they are avoiding my calls. This is a sad way of doing business. I found out that I was not the only one complaining about DASHUSA, they have had complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau so I decided to file a complaint with DASHUSA thru BBB myself. BUYER BEWARE OF DASHUSA. I just found out that they have a toll free #888-909-9473. I would hate for you to send in your instrument cluster and go through this.