Ls400 Service Manual Wanted

rjpdwin

Does anyone has a factory service manual CD for year 2000 LS400 for sale ?

If you go to Lexus.com and register they will send you one for free. It is the one that originally comes with the vehicle, and the maintenance guide also if you want it. I don't know how they do it, but you can order one a month if you want to. It takes about 2 weeks from the time you order until you get it in the mail.

If you go to Lexus.com and register they will send you one for free. It is the one that originally comes with the vehicle, and the maintenance guide also if you want it. I don't know how they do it, but you can order one a month if you want to. It takes about 2 weeks from the time you order until you get it in the mail.

He's talking about the service manual, not owners manual book that comes with the car.

I too need the Factory service manual for my 98LS. I bought the Mitchell’s, and let me forewarn you, your better off without it in most cases, other then mechanical.

He's talking about the service manual, not owners manual book that comes with the car.

I too need the Factory service manual for my 98LS. I bought the Mitchell’s, and let me forewarn you, your better off without it in most cases, other then mechanical.

Thank you for your responses (all). I found service manual CDs on Ebay but don't believe they are any good. There are factory CDs out there... I would appreciated if someone can share it. Thanks

Thank you for your responses (all). I found service manual CDs on Ebay but don't believe they are any good. There are factory CDs out there... I would appreciated if someone can share it. Thanks

I bought mine from Ebay, it was advertised as a factory CD manual, but I got a Mitchell's <_<

Thats why I'm on another hunt for a true Lexus service manual.

Go to:

http://techinfo.lexus.com/

They have complete service manuals (transmission, engine, electrical, etc.) for every vehicle made by Toyota (including Lexus, of course).

You'll have to sign up to use the service and it does cost some money. If you want to use it for one day you have to pay like $10, one month $50, and one year $250, or something like that. I signed up for the $10 one and it gave me unlimited access to all the online service manuals for 24 hours. All I did was print them all out off my computer. It took me 3 ink cartridges and over 1,000 pieces of paper. If you're a DIY kinda person it's well worth it. Good luck.

Brian Styles

Go to:

http://techinfo.lexus.com/

They have complete service manuals (transmission, engine, electrical, etc.) for every vehicle made by Toyota (including Lexus, of course).

You'll have to sign up to use the service and it does cost some money.  If you want to use it for one day you have to pay like $10, one month $50, and one year $250, or something like that.  I signed up for the $10 one and it gave me unlimited access to all the online service manuals for 24 hours.  All I did was print them all out off my computer.  It took me 3 ink cartridges and over 1,000 pieces of paper.  If you're a DIY kinda person it's well worth it.  Good luck.

Brian Styles

Ditto Brian's comment. Best $10 I ever spent (but you will need to but extra toner cartridges if you print it all out!). ;)

I did this too. But I downloaded each part ".pdf" file, put them in order and then burned them to a CD. I also printed them off on my company's printer on a sunday afternoon when nobody was here :whistles:

It took up a lot of toner, and fills 4 large 3 ring binders. But, A MUST HAVE!!!!

That is too much work.....

I did this too. But I downloaded each part ".pdf" file, put them in order and then burned them to a CD. I also printed them off on my company's printer on a sunday afternoon when nobody was here  :whistles:

It took up a lot of toner, and fills 4 large 3 ring binders. But, A MUST HAVE!!!!