Need Replacement Battery For Sc430

LexuDon

The battery in my 2002 SC430 died.

Can someone tell me where to get an "exact" replacement for the original Panasonic 56618 that came new in the car?

Thanks,

LexuDon

When you say exact, do you mean the exact size or the exact O.E. battery with screw caps and everything?? The battery that comes with the SC430 is made in Japan. No U.S. battery manufacturer makes this style battery and I doubt they import them either. Even the Lexus dealer purchases their batteries from a U.S. supplier. If you just want the right battery, it is a Group 91 battery. I know Interstate brand (most likely made by JCI) carrries a Group 91.

The battery in my 2002 SC430 died.

Can someone tell me where to get an "exact" replacement for the original Panasonic 56618 that came new in the car?

Thanks,

LexuDon

When you say exact, do you mean the exact size or the exact O.E. battery with screw caps and everything?? The battery that comes with the SC430 is made in Japan. No U.S. battery manufacturer makes this style battery and I doubt they import them either. Even the Lexus dealer purchases their batteries from a U.S. supplier. If you just want the right battery, it is a Group 91 battery. I know Interstate brand (most likely made by JCI) carrries a Group 91.

I just need one that is the correct size (width/length/height) to properly fit back into the plastic box the battery sits in. I tried one from AutoZone and it is too short and not long enough so it can slide around.

Thanks,

Don

I just need one that is the correct size (width/length/height) to properly fit back into the plastic box the battery sits in.  I tried one from AutoZone and it is too short and not long enough so it can slide around.

Thanks,

Don

Did you arbitrarily pick that battery from Autozone, or was the battery given to you by one of the reps there? All autoparts stores should be able to look up the correct size battery that will fit your vehicle.

I've gone to SEARS for my batteries. Stay away from Pep Boys brand "ProLine" stuff. Their products always tend to break sooner than expected.

Interstate will have the battery.  They make all the replacement batteries for Lexus.

Thanks.

I've emailed Interstate to get the exact model I need.

LexuDon

If your SC has a thermal cover you may have a problem with tabs on some batteries. :blink:

Good luck