Mobile Phone

Tom,

There is a seperate antenna, microphone, radio reciever set up handset, transceiver, command module, and speaker relay. It is a lot of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the wiring is there - but I would be surprised if all of it is if the car was not originally equipped with the option. That would not be a task I would want to take on. Why not just a regular cell phone, or aftermarket hands free? That would be the most cost effective solution. Unless you can find the parts used or at a good price somewhere. Good luck.

Is it a metal antenna ? looks like a mobile phone one or just a short plastic bit ?

Sounds to me like a remnents of a GPS system. :ph34r:

The antenna looks to me like one of the older style car phone antennas with the curly que thing. It comes right out of the top of the back window in the drawing. I'm not sure what you've got there vasso - it might be it.

Tom,

As trick as this might seem, you really don't want one of these as everything cellular is going to digital. These factory phones are ONLY scratchy sounding analoge.

E-bay is a good choice to look for this need. But, as an alternative, you could buy a Samsung 850 flip phone WITH Samsung factory hands free car kit for under $50 since the phone is only Duo-mode digital. State of the art is tri-mode. BUT, at least it's digital and you'll have the best of both worlds. The Car Kit can be installed so it otherwise acts and functions like the Lexus factory.

Here are some current auctions:

Factory Car Kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20377

Phone with extra battery: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=43318

Thanks for all the comments.

I bought the phone on Ebay for the SC. I was specifically looking for an analog phone because they actually work better than digital in my area. (I also have a digital phone for work.)

Also, my wireless company wants to raise my rates if I switch to digital. It's cheaper for them, but they want to charge me more. Imagine that! I am going to use analog as long as the government says that they have to continue to offer it. (Currently 2007).

Does anyone know if the antenna for this phone is built into the rear window? It looks like there is some sort of antenna built into the rear glass. (Separate from the defroster).