Who Have E-shift Is300 Here?

GT-S

as you all know that i dont have an IS300 yet but will. anyway, i cant really drive manual cuz i've never "actually" driven one for a long distance. my friend has a manual and i kept stalling it out on 1st gear. so i've decided to get E-shift, is it samething? or E-shift is alittle different cuz you can either use the buttons on the steering or the shift in the middle? doesn E-shift type have 2 ways of changing gear? automatic and Electronically(steering wheel).

tnx!

well my real question is the responding time, is E-shift responding(gear change) time as same as a manual?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a e-shift IS. It is harldy ever used. I used when I had my intake on it. I liked the sound at the low gears. The bad thing about it, is it is not a true manual automatic, it still changes., But it is cool....buy it if you can

I have the e-shift. . .but don't forget, the IS300 has a 3.0 liter V6 engine. . .hit the pedal to the medal and you'll get the same response from either Auto or Manual. The only thing that it's good for is for when you want to shift. You'd be suprised how fast 2nd gear can go.

Only thing that frustrates me is that it will not let you control 1st gear. It's 2-5 only. :(

-Mac