Part Numbers For Idelr And Tensioner Pulleys

VMF

hey guys, lookin for part numbers for the aux belt idle and tensioner pulleys since the bearing in one of them is making a cracking noise. Any got the info?

hey guys, lookin for part numbers for the aux belt idle and tensioner pulleys since the bearing in one of them is making a cracking noise. Any got the info?

I don't know the P/N's, but I got mine on Ebay, with the belt, for $99. Thy are also listed individually, for about $24 for idler and $40ish for tensioner.

John

cant find any items on ebay, can u post em here?

10x

Here's one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

I couldn't find the whole kit or tensioner roller today, but you can "ask the seller a question" about availability; the same seller for both, probably just behind on his listings; check seller store, also.

John

Hey John, this is t belt pulleys:)

i need pulleys for the aux belt

i changed my tbelt myself with all original toyota parts a year ago

Hey John, this is t belt pulleys:)

i need pulleys for the aux belt

i changed my tbelt myself with all original toyota parts a year ago

r u referring to the 'tensioner pulley' for serpentine belt (lexus calls it drive belt)? advanced-auto-part sells it for $21 vs dealer price at $70. I'm not sure OEM is 3 times better than the one sold at advanced :unsure:

over the weekend I had it changed on my 96 SC4 (identical engine parts to my 97 LS4, presumably the same to your 96 LS4), but the noise didn't go away! it turned out to be the belt tensioner itself was bad. not an easy job to change the belt tensioner! you must remove alternator, coolant tank, air-intake, timing belt cover, some vacuum lines in order to yank the darn thing out! but it should be a piece of cake for you since you are capable of doing TB job urself... <_<

about to do the timing belt job on my 97 LS4, and your TB tutorial should come in very handy...

BTW, if you need to change the belt tensioner also, autozone sell it for $65 including pulley preinstalled.

thats all for the drive belt right?

so i need the idler pulley and whole belt tensioner assembly?

do u have any pix?

I didn't have pix taken.

basically, it's one part cover the other part, so you end up unscrewing lots of bolts and removing bunch of stuffs.

two major steps:

must remove alternator because alternator and tensioner share one long bolt (the one in the top red circle shown in picture), and the alternator's sockets is positioned in front of the tensioner's socket:

http://www.lexls.com/images/timingbelt/timingbelt20.jpg

there are 2 pieces of plastic molds must be removed because they are overlapping belt tensioner assembly: 1. left CAM shaft cover 2. the piece between tensioner and idler. in order to remove these pieces, you must firstly remove timing belt cover, air intake, and one piece leads to another....

http://www.apaqdigital.com/ls400/tensioner.jpg

(picture was taken by you or lextreme!)

will you do a new tutorial after you get the job done?

yeah, the second picture was taken by me, i will do tutorial for the tensioner replacement as well as valve adjustment, i just dont know when i'm gonna get a chanse to work on the car. i mean i'm gonna change the tensioner and idler pulleys asap but i'm not sure about valves.

yeah, the second picture was taken by me, i will do tutorial for the tensioner replacement as well as valve adjustment, i just dont know when i'm gonna get a chanse to work on the car. i mean i'm gonna change the tensioner and idler pulleys asap but i'm not sure about valves.

I do recommend buying the complete tensioner assembly (including a new pulley) from autozone (part#305255, good for all 2nd gen LS4/SC4, made by Dayco, $65), and change out the old pulley first to see whether the noise will go away. if not, then it must be tensioner itself.

also, unlike SC4, u don't have to remove coolant tank on LS4, but SC4 has a long nose, so it has a lot bigger engine compartment to work with. LS4 is so darn tight, and so little room between fan blades and drive belt.....

I am almost finished with my water pump and timing belt right now. Man!, you will learn lot if you do it yourself. Too bad I only have about 1.5 hours a week on it. Its an experience you wont forget. Once you do the water pump and starter. You basically know the whole engine.

david

I do recommend buying the complete tensioner assembly (including a new pulley) from autozone (part#305255, good for all 2nd gen LS4/SC4, made by Dayco, $65), and change out the old pulley first to see whether the noise will go away. if not, then it must be tensioner itself.

also, unlike SC4, u don't have to remove coolant tank on LS4, but SC4 has a long nose, so it has a lot bigger engine compartment to work with. LS4 is so darn tight, and so little room between fan blades and drive belt.....

I would try taking the pulley to a local machine shop and see if they can match and then press a new bearing in

other wise go to irontoad.com .Part# 16603-0W010. $51.83