2006 Gs300 Nav While Driving Kits Or Mods?

I tried the search, but figured this is a common, but "updated" request...

Are there any mod kits or hacks yet for the 2006 GS300 navigation system?

Yes, I want to be able to have my passenger enter destinations while driving. This feature is such a pain int the !Removed!. (I wish they could check the airbag sensor or my wifes constant gossiping).

Anyway, I am fully aware of the GX470 fix, but am pretty sure that was for the 2004 design.

Much help appreciated...

I tried the search, but figured this is a common, but "updated" request...

Are there any mod kits or hacks yet for the 2006 GS300 navigation system?

Yes, I want to be able to have my passenger enter destinations while driving.  This feature is such a pain int the !Removed!.  (I wish they could check the airbag sensor or my wifes constant gossiping).

Anyway, I am fully aware of the GX470 fix, but am pretty sure that was for the 2004 design.

Much help appreciated...

yes its aleady been done on the 2006 gs. the owner even installed an extra on off switch on the factory dash switch panel so it looks like a factory switch. .

PIONEERSUBY, any idea where we can find the how-2?

do a member advanced search on vw-t in the other club. . hmm i dont know how to spell his user name exaclty.its one of those interconncted capital letter names. . or do an advanced seach with key words "navigation 2006 and he should come up.

do a member advanced search on vw-t in the other club. . hmm i dont know how to spell his user name exaclty.its one of those interconncted capital letter names. . or do an advanced seach with key words "navigation 2006 and he should come up.

Could we trouble you for the full URL for information on how to rig 2005-2006 Lexus navigation systems so that they can play DVDs while moving? The only information that comes up on a search of "navigation 2006" is this inconclusive thread. Thanks. :wacko:

Pioneersuby:

i remember reading that. but i also remember that mod was for "DVD viewing through NAV screen while moving" not GPS inpu override while moving.

are you sure?

D.J.

• 6 months later...

How To Enter Map Destinations While Driving

In sequence

Press the Menu button on the dash.

Press the Volume button on the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen. (Where the speaker icon is located.)

Press the lower left corner of the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen again.

Press the lower left corner of the screen again.

On the screen that appears:

Press the Override button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deselected.

Press the Back button to get back to the previous screen.