Couple Of Questions.

98es

I have a couple of questions PCV valve location, and spark plugs.

PIC 1: Where is the darn thing (PCV)? I understand it's on the passenger side somewhere.

post-13068-1113694079_thumb.jpg

PIC 2: Is it one of these(PCV)?

post-13068-1113694187_thumb.jpg

PIC 3: I pulled out a spark plug, does this look really bad? The brand says DENSO, these aren't the orginals, are they? I've noticed sometimes after my car sits overnight and I go to start it, it runs really rough and kinda shakes for about 30 seconds. My guess is the spark plugs, but the back 3 look like HELL to get to. Has anyone had experience with this before? What kind of spark plugs should I use? I have a guy down the street that only charges $10/hour for labor! He said he would do it, he's done it before on a toyota V6.

post-13068-1113694280_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help!

BTW, its a 98 ES300 w/119k miles. Hope my pics work, sorry if they're too big, i'm still learning :D

For Question # 1. Nope and nope those aren't it. I would say in Pic # 2, it is around the upper left hand corner, hidden behind the plug wires underneath the black plastic thingamajig and the silver doohickey.

(sorry for the technical terms)

For Qestion #2. Shop manual recommends either Denso-PK20TR11 or NGK-BKR6EKPB11. Front three are cake. Outer rear bank is ok. Middle rear is a pain.

At 119K, this will probably your cars 3rd set. Do you know if they replaced the wire set? If not you, might want to consider that.

Good luck.

i don't know how to post picture.

i saved your picture and draw arrow to pcv location but looks to me

i don't know how to post. please tell me.

camlex, you have to host your image by uploading it to a gallery.

emailit to me at armyof1_2006@yahoo.com and i will throw it up real quick. :)

Hmmm,

I edited the picture and tried to add it by using the add attachment.  Lets see if it worked....

No those are a coolant temp sensor and a camshaft positioning sensor i believe...

take a photo of the right side of the engine, on the rear of it.

Thanks everyone! So what I can see from the pic that camlex posted, it's here???:

post-13068-1113710209_thumb.jpg

Army- I'll take a pic tomorrow if still needed. Thanks.

Thanks everyone! So what I can see from the pic that camlex posted, it's here???:

post-13068-1113710209_thumb.jpg

Army- I'll take a pic tomorrow if still needed. Thanks.

No, thats not it...thats a ground for the engine.

Its ont he valve cover, you are looking in the wrong place, thats the Upper Intake Manifold.

down lower, on the rear cylinder bank.

that's not it. what is circled in that pic 98es is something electrical.

The PCV valve for you car is black or orangish (if plastic) and silver (if metal). It has a 90° angle in it. The larger end sticks right in to the valve cover and comes straight up for about 1/2-1 inch. At that point it makes a 90° angle. There should be a black hose connected to the angled part and there may be some kind of squeeze clip on the hose to keep it from slipping off the valve.

As you stand facing the engine bay. Look along the back bank of cylinders (closest to the firewall) and on the passengers side (your left as you face the front of the car). You may have to move wires and other hoses out of the way to see.

do a search and open the search to over a year. I remember a thread where someone posted very good pictures of the valve and location.

steviej

Hmmm,

I edited the picture and tried to add it by using the add attachment.  Lets see if it worked....

No those are a coolant temp sensor and a camshaft positioning sensor i believe...

take a photo of the right side of the engine, on the rear of it.

NO No, not the two items that he had originally circled and wrote in are these it. The item I circled from my attachement at the top left corner better be it. Cause I replaced it out last year :P

Thats it, it matches Army of ones. I rememebr cause I can see the Hose wire that I needed a pair of pliers to get the pcv valve off.

Okay- Finally found it (PCV), it was really nasty. No wonder why I couldn't find it, it was buried in about an inch of funk.It was also pretty hard to pull out, but i just kept pulling and the sucker finally came out. So I'm definitely glad I changed it, thanks for the help everyone