Bluetooth Car Kit

ma$e

Hi

I want to install a Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth Car Kit into my 2002 SC 430. Does any one know if the OEM stereo has the affordable ISO connectors? The car kit uses muting and the car speakers.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi

I want to install a Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth Car Kit into my 2002 SC 430. Does any one know if the OEM stereo has the affordable ISO connectors? The car kit uses muting and the car speakers.

Thanks

I would also like to install a Parrot CK3000 or CK3100 bluetooth unit in my 2002 SC340. I don't believe that the SC430 has ISO connectors in the back of the radio. I have contacted a few harness companies in Europe, but no luck with the SC430. Has anyone had a Parrot CK300 or 3100 installed?? If so, who did it and how???? I beleive I can find a mute wire somewhere in the radio, but how can you get the sound through the speakers? HELP!!

Hi

Thanks

I would also like to install a Parrot CK3000 or CK3100 bluetooth unit in my 2002 SC340. I don't believe that the SC430 has ISO connectors in the back of the radio. I have contacted a few harness companies in Europe, but no luck with the SC430. Has anyone had a Parrot CK300 or 3100 installed?? If so, who did it and how???? I beleive I can find a mute wire somewhere in the radio, but how can you get the sound through the speakers? HELP!!

Don't let me down, can anybody help!!!!

Here is a link to a thread on Howard Forums which discusses the ISO connector issue and using an external speaker with the Parrot: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=511176

I've seen detailed instructions on a phone forum or the Parrot website on exactly which Parrot kit wires can connect to an external speaker. It seems to be common practice to use an external speaker - some have used the same Nokia speakers we have since they are cheap and widely available.

An external speaker isn't bad at all. Ours are in the drivers side footwells of our Camry and LS - they can't be seen unless you look under the dash and there is no problem in hearing the person you are speaking with.

I've read numerous times that a connector meant for the optional "Lexus Link" has a mute point that can be used to connect to a phone kit. Was Lexus Link available on the SC430 in 2002?

I think you just need to buy that Parrot kit and "dive in" and make it work! Installing a phone kit is not "brain surgury" afterall.

Can't believe I didn't find it earlier but here is an old thread that contains links I provided to threads in other forums where someone has used an external speaker with a Parrot:  http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...17417&hl=Parrot

Thanks everyone for your help! In the meantime my Parrot kit is installed and works perfectly with an external speaker. Recommended!

Cheers

Can't believe I didn't find it earlier but here is an old thread that contains links I provided to threads in other forums where someone has used an external speaker with a Parrot:  http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...17417&hl=Parrot

Thanks everyone for your help! In the meantime my Parrot kit is installed and works perfectly with an external speaker. Recommended!

Cheers

Ma$e, did you wire the speaker yourself?? If so, was it difficult. Please explain the hook up.

Cheers

Ma$e, did you wire the speaker yourself?? If so, was it difficult. Please explain the hook up.

Hi

No, my Lex dealer did it...If you are not a professional I wouldn't recommend to do it yourself as the Parrot kit works with ISO connectors.

Cheers

Marty,

From http://www.expansys.com.au/forumthread.asp...3000&thread=286

"You can use an ordinary 8 ohm car kit speaker if you connect it into one pair of centre speaker wires ,one top row and one bottom, (front speaker outputs)on the female ISO plug (one that normally plugs into vehicle harness side) these provide a full line out signal."

Terry at SIO Communications seems very sharp on this stuff so I am confident that he is providing accurate information. I'm spent a lot of time on his forum.