Mr Clean Autodry Carwash

I hear it works pretty well if your water tends to leave spots. The system filters out some of the treatment chemicals that would usually spot. If you have good water, it's probably just as well to use a good spot free car wash soap.

it's a piece of crap. I bought one with a schuck's gift card I had, and it sucks. It's pretty tedious to use, and the filter goes bad after three uses. New filters are like $10-$15 each. which is pretty bad considering I bought the whole thing for like $20. I wouldn't recommend it. Just use a chamois or whatever those things are called to dry your car off to get rid of spots.

it's a piece of crap. I bought one with a schuck's gift card I had, and it sucks. It's pretty tedious to use, and the filter goes bad after three uses. New filters are like $10-$15 each. which is pretty bad considering I bought the whole thing for like $20. I wouldn't recommend it. Just use a chamois or whatever those things are called to dry your car off to get rid of spots.

I agree. I bought one and after a few minutes, the water just kinda dribbles out because of the short filter life. It was spot free though!

When I did my last wash / wax, I took it to the car wash to use their sprayer and I saw a setting on their sprayer for "Spot Free Rinse". So, for 2$ I'll power wash it at the car wash from now on and clog their filter. :whistles:

Although its probably just a false setting to give unsuspecting people the feeling their getting filtered spot free water! :P

just to let you know; you can't "de-ionize" water using a piece of filter paper LOL If that's what it says on the box they're !Removed! you.........ions can't be removed with a piece of paper; a chemical reaction needs to take place removing the ions from the equation...jeez these advertizzzzzers

• 7 months later...

Well after reading the posts on the Auto Dry gadget which I also got as a gift, I decided to tear apart the water "Filter" they say deionizes. Come to find no paper at all. It's two chambers filled with different transparent paste type of materials. They taste like chicken. No, seriously though, the system works really good for me when I'm in a rush and don't have the time to dry it myself. The best way I have found to dry my car is with a Stihl (or any other type) leave blower. It takes away every bit of water without any surface contact that you get from towels or chamois. I've been drying like this for over 10 years and swear by it. No towels to wash & dry and no scratches. Plus, I'm also doing my part to add to the global warming thing!

• 9 months later...

Leaf blowers work great, especially if you keep the paint well waxed.

I have a Mr Clean Carwash and actually get many, many washes out of the spot free filter before having to be replaced. The unit is convenient and works extremely well. I have 4 cars, I can wash them all and save hours by using this product. Be careful, as the soap goes a long way, I do not soap the entire car, just part of it, and the wash mitt, then was as normal.

Well, that was until I bought a soft painted, black lexus. Now I am in the process of removing all the swirls from the previous owner. I would still recommend the Mr Clean Autodry Carwash. In the end, it does a better job than the carwashes and pays for itself very quickly.

I would still recommend the Mr Clean Autodry Carwash. In the end, it does a better job than the carwashes and pays for itself very quickly.

:huh::huh::huh: Glad yours works!! :unsure:

The one I got for Christmas must have been broke! :whistles: The thing sucks...I through mine away...used it on my car and was like this thing is a piece of :censored: I would rather buy gallons of distilled water and pour on my car. It takes forever for the filtered water to even come out...

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one and am getting the results I had hoped to. I agree that the filter doesn't last 10 washes, but I've gotten a good 7-8 uses out of each one. If I want to do a more "thorough" job, I wash the conventional way, but when time is an issue, this works great. I also only wash one section at a time and can usually wash both mine and my wife's car in about 20 minutes total.