Wrx Stock Turbo Will It Work On The Sc400?

like the titles say would it work? wat kind of modifcation will it need? i found a guy with a wrx stock turbo for really cheap just wondering if it would work? hes selling it for 300 bucks

hurs some spec

ihi vf-22

#RHB5

Boost is available at 3300rpms.

capable of producing upwards of 320 whp

info on the turbo and pics

Turbo Pic and info

PICTURES

i got this info from the seller tell me if he is not bs, i wanna know if this right info

yea but this guy is selling it really cheap this came off of a wrx 98 tho...and how much would it cost me to buy the mod kit for it would it be cheaper then 5-6 k?

It would work, but i dont think its the best for your application.  If you check the ClubLexus forums theres alot of info about turbocharging the SC400.  I think most people are reporting around 5-6k for total cost

Well, you still have to add in custom headers, the intercooler, piping for the intercooler, upgraded fuel system and some kind of ECU to deal with the boost. You could make a budget kit and it would help if you knew how to weld, but it wont be better in the long run. Best bet is to take it to a shop unless you feel comfortable with welding and taking your engine apart

first off, a turbo of that size is barely gonna do anything for ya. take into consideration of the cars weight and the turbos peak hp. 320 is nothing and everyone above is right. the cost of parting a kit together would be almost as much as a kit with a larger turbo. plus a 98 wrx, i garuantee it has shaft play or oil leaks.

Simple honest answer. No. It won't work. I define work as being properly sized for the motor and providing the proper flow.

Its simply too small.

Two things to consider here:

If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it.

Cheap and turbo lexus do not go in the same sentence.

Mike

like the titles say would it work? wat kind of modifcation will it need? i found a guy with a wrx stock turbo for really cheap just wondering if it would work? hes selling it for 300 bucks

hurs some spec

ihi vf-22

#RHB5

Boost is available at 3300rpms.

capable of producing  upwards of 320 whp

info on the turbo and pics

Turbo Pic and info

PICTURES

i got this info from the seller tell me if he is not bs, i wanna know if this right info