2004 Es 300 (330?)

While talking to our Fresno Lexus dealer today (central valley, Ca.) about perhaps waiting to see the new color choices on the es330 he mentioned that the Mystic Sea would no longer be available after 2003 but he didn't know which new colors would..he also insists that if we want the nav/levinson auto system we must take the DVS, adjust peddles, etc as it only comes that way....only in California ?

I was told by my dealer(East Coast) that AVS was going to be dropped in the '04ES since it didn't make a big hit with most customers. All '03ES's equipped with Nav/Mark Levinson radio came loaded with all the accessories except for the adjustable pedals and AVS in my area of the country.

It's my understanding that the es330 will be out in October but other than a boost in horsepower it will not change all that much from the '03 es300..that would be disappointing as I've been dragging my heels about buying a '03 thinking that the transmission problems may be resolved come the new year ?

I am in the process of buying the ES 300 right now, actually I pick it up on Tuesday. My concern befoe I test drove it was the 210 hp. After test driving I was impressed. It got up and go, not like my 303 hp benz but it went. I am not buying the car for hp and speed (0-60) I am buying it for the luxury and all the bells and whistles it comes with. I got it for $36,500 with nav and everything else. I asked my dealer when the 04's were coming out and he told me they would be getting them in November sometime and that the only real change is a little bit more pep and a little bit more in price. I can't wait to get it. Looking to put new wheels on it as thats the only real thing I don't like about the car and also tinting the windows. Can't wait. :cheers:

A 2 part question:

1) I've lost track of those of you with tranny problems on the 02 and 03 (I have a '98). Would you expect the new ES330 to POSSIBLY have the same transmission problem or has it all been solved?

2) When I had a recent dealer ES loaner (02 or 03), I didn't observe the tranny problems but I thought the handling and cornering was far more boat-like than my 98. Are there aftermarket suppliers for heavier anti-sway bars and the like that drop in without modifiction? I don't expect it to handle like my weekend Corvette, but I'd like a bit more. Thanks

Sunbeam,

I would expect the 04 to have the tranny issues as long as they maintain the throttle by wire system. As stated by LOC member concord, I think that is were the problem lies.

As for the suspension upgrades. The chassis of your 98 ES is an MCV20. This chassis is shared by the Camry and the Solara. So if you can find any upgrade for the Camry or the Solara, it will most likely fit your ES. The 2002+ ES chassis is MCV30. And again, is shared by the 02+ Camry and Solara, so I think the same applies if aftermarket companies haven't already started to market products for the ES specifically. Eibach has.

Wheelrz,

Welcome to the world of comfort, quality and quiet. Wait till you take a long drive on a country road. My god, it is an awesome ride. I don't mind sitting in traffic anymore. Just drop in some cool jazz or some new age like Tangerine Dream or Steely Dan - Aja. It will blow you away.

Now if you want to pull 30 second lap times at Indy or LeMans, you bought the wrong car.

steviej

The CLK500 will do that just fine LOL. You'll love the car, 100% and totally. $36500 is an okay price, but you can do better if you want to. Silver/black is a great combo too, I almost got it.

My dissapointment is the wheels also. I like the stock look, but I'm not 100% a fan of chrome, the chrome stock wheels do look better. I've also looked into other Lexus wheels, but getting them to fit on the ES is problematic. I've decided to wait and see if they change the wheels on the ES330 before I do anything. If they do and they're better I'll do a swap, if not I'll have these chromed.