Rx330 New Speakers

mcfancy

Hi all, i have a 2004 rx330 w/nav and factoru sterio (non mark levinson). i'd like to upgrade the speakers but understand their 2 ohms? while most aftermarket are 4ohms. Nothing on crutchfiled. can nayone offer proven suggestions that would work to improve the sound of this sytem. thnaks alot

Hi all, i have a 2004 rx330 w/nav and factoru sterio (non mark levinson).  i'd like to upgrade the speakers but understand their 2 ohms? while most aftermarket are 4ohms.  Nothing on crutchfiled.  can nayone offer proven suggestions that would work to improve the sound of this sytem.  thnaks alot

My fiance purchased her RX330 new in Feb 05 (w/o Nav and ML) and kept the head unit but upgraded to Boston Acoustics speakers powered by a 75x4 Alpine amplifier. In addition, she also included 2-10" subs powered by a 175x2 MTX amp for added bass. In all, it sounds pretty clean. The only reason she did not change the radio itself was 1. it was a lease, and 2. she woud loose the steering wheel controls.

BTW....if you are looking to have it professionally installed, steer clear of Tweeter. They raked up $3600 in damages to her truck (albeit it had 250 miles on it) - damage included scratches to the doors, wood gear selector and panels.

Hope this helps...

Can you post some more info on the Boston Acoustics speakers? I'm thinking of going the same route.

Hi all, i have a 2004 rx330 w/nav and factoru sterio (non mark levinson).  i'd like to upgrade the speakers but understand their 2 ohms? while most aftermarket are 4ohms.  Nothing on crutchfiled.  can nayone offer proven suggestions that would work to improve the sound of this sytem.  thnaks alot

My fiance purchased her RX330 new in Feb 05 (w/o Nav and ML) and kept the head unit but upgraded to Boston Acoustics speakers powered by a 75x4 Alpine amplifier. In addition, she also included 2-10" subs powered by a 175x2 MTX amp for added bass. In all, it sounds pretty clean. The only reason she did not change the radio itself was 1. it was a lease, and 2. she woud loose the steering wheel controls.

BTW....if you are looking to have it professionally installed, steer clear of Tweeter. They raked up $3600 in damages to her truck (albeit it had 250 miles on it) - damage included scratches to the doors, wood gear selector and panels.

Hope this helps...

I left the factory speakers and installed a basslink woofer. The woofer sits on a padded board which sits in the cargo area. This woofer has a wiring harness with plugs. So when I need the space, I just leave it home.

Sounds good to me..

• 1 year later...

I left the factory speakers and installed a basslink woofer. The woofer sits on a padded board which sits in the cargo area. This woofer has a wiring harness with plugs. So when I need the space, I just leave it home.

Sounds good to me..

I got a Rx330 and i was planning to install an amplifier but dont know where to run the power wire from?? have any suggestions :ph34r:

• 7 months later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hope this helps...

Did you use a line output interface? How did you hook up the amp take the rear speaker wires from the head unit, to the interface, to the RCAs to the amp?