Hir (not Hid) Bulbs

Sluggo

Sorry Sluggo, I rather keep my Hilites over the HIR. After seeing your pics.

No skin off my nose, I'm not trying to sell the things - just letting people know what my experience has been. Although, to be honest, I don't see much of a difference in brightness in the hi-lites, just a big difference in color.

Some additional pics ...

post-16610-1115714935_thumb.jpgpost-16610-1115714961_thumb.jpgpost-16610-1115714974_thumb.jpgpost-16610-1115714996_thumb.jpg

sluggo

Sorry Sluggo, I rather keep my Hilites over the HIR. After seeing your pics.

No skin off my nose, I'm not trying to sell the things - just letting people know what my experience has been. Although, to be honest, I don't see much of a difference in brightness in the hi-lites, just a big difference in color.

Some additional pics ...

post-16610-1115714935_thumb.jpgpost-16610-1115714961_thumb.jpgpost-16610-1115714974_thumb.jpgpost-16610-1115714996_thumb.jpg

sluggo

Well if you look at my pics again you will notice a bigger diameter with the hilite, which mean it packs more juice. Equals brighter light.

Even the pattern on the garage spreads out a little more than the stock light.

I don't work for them or any affiliation, but the price ,the write up in a respectable magazine and all the positive reviews, I'm sold.

My SC400 now looks like the sample cars that are pictured on ebay.

If these burn out within 10 months, I might try those out too see the difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to purchase a pair of Hilites. I agree, they do look nice, very similiar to the silverstars. I have one question though: I took a look at one of the bulbs and noticed that top of the bulb has a grey color however, the grey has peeled off. Are there any risks with using a bulb without that top layer....????? Will this cause any damage to the housing?

Decided to purchase a pair of Hilites.  I agree, they do look nice, very similiar to the silverstars. I have one question though: I took a look at one of the bulbs and noticed that top of the bulb has a grey color however, the grey has peeled off.  Are there any risks with using a bulb without that top layer....?????  Will this cause any damage to the housing?

Return the set of bulbs for another pair. I went through all this bulb changing and I decided on silverstars. That's my experience. B) :cheers: