Picked Up An Ls Today

branshew

Have a friend whose uncle is in the car bus. He picked up a '93 LS w/ 78K on it at the auction which I stole from him today. Other than the flicker in the instrument cluster, the car is pristine and has a full Lexus service history. Jade green w/ Black interior. Interior is pristine, but exterior could use some touch-up in a couple of spots - no rust or dents, just a couple of scratches.

I was originally looking for something a bit newer, but once I saw this one w/ the low mileage (for the year) I couldn't pass it up. I came out on top after selling my ES last week.

Do you mind posting the auction price for us to envy?

I wish I knew what the auction price was. I paid $5200 for it, but I am sure the auction price was lower. He already had the car when my friend told me about it.

I did however get to pay a visit to Manaheim's new facility outside Baltimore when I flew in to pick up the car. His Uncle wanted to look at another SL 500 that was on the block so we made a detour after he picked me up at the airport.

I was able to entertain myself for an hour just watching the process unfold. It was crazy to see so many different cars (all makes models & years) and what their wholesale prices were. Some of these cars were dirt cheap. All I kept thinking was that if I could get a dealer's license and be able to register as a buyer.....

You could easily supplement your income by a few grand a month by selling two or three cars with some of the deals that were being had. One could make a killing on eBay that way.

There must have been a Ford credit off lease sale that day. I could have picked up a truckload of late model Grand Marquis and Crown Vics for @ $2000 each (and shipped them to FL to sell to all the Q-tips and made a fortune).

Some of these cars were dirt cheap.  All I kept thinking was that if I could get a dealer's license and be able to register as a buyer.....

Looks like you got a great deal.

Now, how to get registered at the auction and/or dealer's license? Anyone know is a simplest way?