My Brakes Are Clicking/cranking

Mr.SC

Hey everyone..

I need a little knowledge help before i take my car in to be checked out. I have an SC400 92. Lately (past month) i have noticed that while driving and comming to a stop, as I apply pressure to my brakes a cranking/clicking noise comes into effect.

Im thinking that its becuase the brakes may be worn down but you never know it could be something else. The front brake pads were replaced about a year and a half ago. Thanks for any help!

It could be a number of things. Could be the pad being low, the spring clip may have popped out/broken and is coming in contact w/ the rotor, etc. Is it coming from the front or rear? Is there any shuddering or pedal shake while the brakes are applied?

It could be a number of things.  Could be the pad being low, the spring clip may have popped out/broken and is coming in contact w/ the rotor, etc.  Is it coming from the front or rear?  Is there any shuddering or pedal shake while the brakes are applied?

Lexus has admitted that the rear brakes click when applied . This is due to the end retainer springs not being there (by design). Like Dom said just clicking UPON application is probably no big deal, assuming there are no other symptoms. A look into the end clips would tell the story. Don't remove the individual pads unless you really like fighting with the spreader spring.

:(

THE FRONT BRAKES ON MY 93 SC400 MAKE A CLICKING SOUND ALSO WHENEVER I HIT THE BRAKES IN REVERSE. IT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING IS LOOSE OR DISCONNECTED. I'VE CHECKED AND EVERYTHING LOOKS NORMAL.