Would You Purchase Another Gs?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 99 GS 400 has 135k trouble free miles on it. I was awaiting more HP in the newer models GS. Our second car is a MB E55 Amg and the contrast between them couldn't be further apart.

Both are well made and have plenty of power, I just wish Lexus would step up with more power and better handling.

I have an 01 GS430 I bought used and I'd love to have a brand new GS430. If I had the cash I'd buy one without thinking twice. It's the best car I've ever own. I only have 80k miles on it and my wife has practically taken it from me :)

:D I wouldnt buy another one, Cause mines going to last a life time Lol.

I love my 2k GS300 160K miles

change the timing belt and one Ball joint thats all

Rides fine on the stock tires for me,

no wheel shimmy unless the tires have been balanced wrong.

if you have creaking in the dash, install new felt stoppers in the glove box, they fall off over time.

whats wrong with a low idle as long as its running good low.

post-48720-1202164637_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Have driven a low milage GS350 AWD loaner while my GS450 was in for repairs (squeaks). Mine has a much better ride but I agree with the person who is disappointed by the noise. Granted it is not my LS but still too much noise for a Lexus. That having been said, I'd purchase another GS450; they are just too powerful and fun to drive.

• 2 months later...

When I had to move to from the Supra to another auto, the GS was the most logical choice, since it had the 2JZ Non-Turbo engine. (Trick the wife, it's a under cover supra)

I had my GS300 and have close to 200K on it and still going strong.

I am looking to get the GS430 as an upgrade.

• 3 months later...
Just curious to see how satisfied our forum is...

on my second one. Fantastic car. went from Jag to GS300 for a change. Had a great experience, but went back to Jag b/c there wasn't much body difference when it came time to trade up the GS. Only took a year to remember why I left Jag. Gs isn't as flashy, but the car just works, all the time.

another GS? of course!

even tho there are some problems with the car, but I still love GS for what it has given me

a very comfort ride with satisfied speed and performance

PS: if i can get a JDM Vertex, HELL YEA another GS! B)

• 2 weeks later...

I would also buy another GS, I love them. However, I test drove a new Toyota Avalon Limited recently, and for the money, that is a great car! But, I think our next Lexus will be for the wife. And I think the IS250 AWD will be perfect for her. I haven't heard alot about the 250, but it's a Lexus. It's just such a cute car.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...