Es250 Totalled

ArmyofOne

It wont go on your driving record, the one the state has, but it will make your insurance go up, since there have been two in a short period...probably a good bit up even if the other accident wasn't your fault. It will be added into your clue profile, thats a database insurance companies use to assess risk.

So, if you go to apply for new insurance for instance they pull a clue record on you and see those accidents its going to affect your rate. Jim (1990LS400) is the guy to ask about all of this. I know what little I know from knowing insurance agents and what I know about homeowners insurance (they use clue records for homes also, homes that have several claims sometimes cannot be insured even by new owners buying from previous owners) because of claims the first owners filed when they owned the house. Sucks).

wow, that police report is surprising! :blink: yeah it sucks that the person at the rear is always at fault. well this thing happened to my mom with the RX300 3 years ago. She was rear-ended by an old lady in a Nissan Maxima and she got sandwiched into a commercial Ford Windstar. didn't cause any frame damage to the RX, old lady had several accidents within the last few years, but most importantly, MY MOM SURVIVED W/O ANY INJURIES BECAUSE OF THE RX300!!! :cheers:

It wont go on your driving record, the one the state has, but it will make your insurance go up, since there have been two in a short period...probably a good bit up even if the other accident wasn't your fault. It will be added into your clue profile, thats a database insurance companies use to assess risk.

So, if you go to apply for new insurance for instance they pull a clue record on you and see those accidents its going to affect your rate. Jim (1990LS400) is the guy to ask about all of this. I know what little I know from knowing insurance agents and what I know about homeowners insurance (they use clue records for homes also, homes that have several claims sometimes cannot be insured even by new owners buying from previous owners) because of claims the first owners filed when they owned the house. Sucks).

Thats good, i could give a care about my insurance rates at this point as USAA will discount them for being a military memebr anyways. and it wil be a good 6 months before i have to worry about insuring a car again. But when i do get another one, i will cary full coverage, im sick of starting over from scratch with nothing to work with. it was a dumb idea for me not to go with full coverage to save a measly $45 a month. :(

Make sure TX isn't like MD. In MD if you have a drivers license you MUST have car insurance. If you don't for any period of time you will be uninsurable by anyone but the state...and its expensive.

We made that mistake when my fiance moved in with me and we got her license changed from NJ to MD. She had no car so she didnt get any insurance, when we got the Prius and we went to get her insured they couldnt do it and she had to go to the state for 20% more for 2 years.

Everyone I tell about that is shocked, even my insurance agent didnt know until he tried to write her policy and it wouldnt let him.

Make sure TX isn't like MD. In MD if you have a drivers license you MUST have car insurance. If you don't for any period of time you will be uninsurable by anyone but the state...and its expensive.

We made that mistake when my fiance moved in with me and we got her license changed from NJ to MD. She had no car so she didnt get any insurance, when we got the Prius and we went to get her insured they couldnt do it and she had to go to the state for 20% more for 2 years.

Everyone I tell about that is shocked, even my insurance agent didnt know until he tried to write her policy and it wouldnt let him.

TX doesnt have that law that im aware of. i was aliscensed driver here for 3 months with no ins. you gop in to the DPS office and stand in line, they make you surrender your old DL and hand you a card with your info on it, this is your temp liscense, your real one comes int he mail in 2 weeks.