Es250 Totalled

ArmyofOne

Well folks, today, i rear ended somebody. We come to a red light, i stop, driving nomrally. Light turns green, truck in front of me goes and then i go then he comes to a comnplete halt in the middle fo the road and WHAM! no more ES2.

On the upside, i didnt get a citation.

On the downside, My car is RUINED. Airbag Deployed and $6,000 down the *BLEEP*ing tube.

aint life a !Removed!. :chairshot:

I have been keeping up with your posts Army. I feel so bad just hearing this man. :(

You didn't mention how you were doing?

Can you take some pictures as well?

I'm no worse for the wear i guess... couple of slices and some airbag rash, ill live.

The cop asked if i wanted an ambulance, i said no, i cant afford one, and i have ahd worse. she said ok, but she will call one anyways. she said i didnt have to go with them but she is reqired by state law to call them if there is more than $500 damage to any vehcile in a pileup. i ended up being fine..minus these:

29934DCP02442-med.JPG

29934DCP02441-med.JPG

29934DCP02440-med.JPG

somebody help me, i need better *BLEEP*ing luck than this!

ill take pix of the devastation as soon as i go pick up the car, i had to wait for the cops to clear out. when she arived she asked which tow truck i wanted, i said "none". she said i couldnt drive it, i said, i have driven worse, i only live a few blocks away. she said she was calling a tow truck, i told her she could call it if she wanted but the guy wasnt going to get paid, cause i have $42 in the bank.

so she said, "do you have a way to get it home? cause its not street legal, if you are seen driving it home you will receive a citation." i said i knew that and that my dad was coming with a pickup.

as soon as i get back there, guess what, i am driving it home. the last time i paid one of theire rotation wreckers, it was $285 for 3 miles, i am NOT doing that *BLEEP* again, i cant. i havent the funds.

Oh man Army, sorry to hear that. Gotta remember though, a car is just a thing and things can be replaced. Your luck is excellent, you're alive and well.

Steve, as much as i would love to agreee with you, im finding it really REALLY hard to do so right now. Nothing against you, i just dont feel very lucky at the moment...2 totals in 8 months...how would you feel? :(

Pix of the carnage:

29934DCP02451-med.JPG

29934DCP02450-med.JPG

^UNIBODY DAMAGE^

29934DCP02449-med.JPG

^see the crease in the Unibody???^

29934DCP02448-med.JPG

Core Support

29934DCP02447-med.JPG

I drove it home, it drives fine, just runs a little hot...LOL

29934DCP02446-med.JPG

29934DCP02445-med.JPG

29934DCP02444-med.JPG

The same exact accident scenario happened to me once. A little old lady took off on a green light then for no apparently reason slamed on her brakes and I tag her from behind. No one hurt, but the fustrating part of this is the Law seems to always blame the person who hits someone elses car regardless of the reason. So I'm glad to hear you didn't get cited for rear ending someone else.

Awww man.... that sucks big time. That's horrible considering what happened in the past few days and how much effort you've put into restoration. Glad you're okay though. Damn I'd be really angry myself :angry: . Good thing you didn't cited as being at fault because in the CA (like Monarch already said) it seems no matter what happens you're always at fault in the rear end collision. Sorry about your ES. :(

Well folks, today, i rear ended somebody. We come to a red light, i stop, driving nomrally.  Light turns green, truck in front of me goes and then i go then he comes to a comnplete halt in the middle fo the road and WHAM!  no more ES2.

On the downside, My car is RUINED.  Airbag Deployed and $6,000 down the *BLEEP*ing tube.

aint life a !Removed!.  :chairshot:

OH GEEZ Army! :cries: :censored: I'm sorry my friend!! :o All the work & money spent on the car & new Falken's to boot! Looks like you got scraped up pretty good. I hope your OK. :(

Well folks, today, i rear ended somebody. We come to a red light, i stop, driving nomrally.  Light turns green, truck in front of me goes and then i go then he comes to a comnplete halt in the middle fo the road and WHAM!  no more ES2.

On the downside, My car is RUINED.  Airbag Deployed and $6,000 down the *BLEEP*ing tube.

aint life a !Removed!. :chairshot:

OH GEEZ Army! :cries: :censored: I'm sorry my friend!! :o All the work & money spent on the car & new Falken's to boot! Looks like you got scraped up pretty good. I hope your OK. :(

man im soo *BLEEP*ed right now i can hardly see straight. my damned station i have to report to to take my PT testis over 30 miles away, and i have no way to get there...

this REALLLLLLY sucks.

Steve, as much as i would love to agreee with you, im finding it really REALLY hard to do so right now.  Nothing against you, i just dont feel very lucky at the moment...2 totals in 8 months...how would you feel?  :(

I can't even imagine how I'd feel...

Gotta remember though, thats just how life is sometimes. Unfair or not, nothing you can do about it now, being angry doesn't help anything, all you can do is look towards the future. You're going to be leaving April 20th, when you come back you'll have some cash in your pocket to get into something else. You enjoyed your time with the ES250, you had fun restoring it to a better condition, now its what it is and you take away from the experience what you can. All thats lost is money, something you'll make plenty more of in your life, and the metal structure of a car, something you'll purchase many more of in your life too.

Just be glad you weren't hurt, if not for anything else than because early 90s airbags can be scary things even in low speed collisions, burns, broken bones etc.

Glad to hear YOU are OK bro :), very sorry to hear about your Lex :o. A few scrapes isn't too bad if you're still walking, consider yourself lucky. You're alive, you'll move on, you'll get another car, your wounds will heal...life sucks sometimes but you gotta suck it up and live on.

Steve, as much as i would love to agreee with you, im finding it really REALLY hard to do so right now.  Nothing against you, i just dont feel very lucky at the moment...2 totals in 8 months...how would you feel?  :(

I can't even imagine how I'd feel...

Gotta remember though, thats just how life is sometimes. Unfair or not, nothing you can do about it now, being angry doesn't help anything, all you can do is look towards the future. You're going to be leaving April 20th, when you come back you'll have some cash in your pocket to get into something else. You enjoyed your time with the ES250, you had fun restoring it to a better condition, now its what it is and you take away from the experience what you can. All thats lost is money, something you'll make plenty more of in your life, and the metal structure of a car, something you'll purchase many more of in your life too.

Just be glad you weren't hurt, if not for anything else than because early 90s airbags can be scary things even in low speed collisions, burns, broken bones etc.

you are right, unfortunately i didnt want to think about it too much yesterday.

and these gen I airbags HURT!!!!!

Glad to hear YOU are OK bro  :), very sorry to hear about your Lex  :o.  A few scrapes isn't too bad if you're still walking, consider yourself lucky.  You're alive, you'll move on, you'll get another car, your wounds will heal...life sucks sometimes but you gotta suck it up and live on.

true...but this couldnt have happened at a worse time.

I don't know you, but I've been in your situation. I live in the Bay Area(around San Francisco) and I took public transportation for 3 months after I got into an accident. I have a full-time job and a girlfriend too. It was difficult, but I got through it. If you were in the Bay Area Id totally help you out, but since I"m not, maybe there's some people on this forum in Texas who can temporarily help you get to where you need to go until you figure out what you're going to do.

I don't know you, but I've been in your situation.  I live in the Bay Area(around San Francisco) and I took public transportation for 3 months after I got into an accident.  I have a full-time job and a girlfriend too.  It was difficult, but I got through it.  If you were in the Bay Area Id totally help you out, but since I"m not,  maybe there's some people on this forum in Texas who can temporarily help you get to where you need to go until you figure out what you're going to do.

thats what i hate about Ft. worth, if you arent iside I-820 Loop, you dont have public transportation. it sucks.

there are some peeps on CL who have offered to help. i will cal on them if i absoultely have to, noone is near me though, so unless i am stuck, i really dont want to have to pull someone 30 miles out fo there way.

Transit, do you need any Parts off of mine for your ES250?

daytime pix:

29934DCP02455-med.JPG

29934DCP02454-med.JPG

29934DCP02453-med.JPG

29934DCP02452-med.JPG

Those pics are a damn shame Army. :cries:    :(    I feel bad for ya dude.

Today i had a decent offer.

for $500 and my car, i can get a 1990 Ford Festiva. I have no idea what kind of shape this little festiva is in, but if i buy it, it will be great to scoot around the base in. 40mpg when gas prices are sky high? ill take it!

i dont like the idea of going from a lexus to a ford POS though, but whta the hey, its only for a week, then it will be my brothers problem.

BTW, for those that dont know, these cars look like this:

BHFOFESLX902.JPG

they are fun cars, i have driven them before.

SCREWED AGAIN!!!!!

here is what the police report states:

Driver unit #1 (me) travelling eastbound in the inside lane in the 5500blck of Watagua Road behind unit # 2 (the truck i hit). Unit #1 was travelling Eastbound in front of Unit #2.  Unit #2 stopped for redlight. Unit # 1 failed to stop and struck Unit # 2 in the rear end.  Unit #2 then Struck 3rd party (Unit #3) in the rear end.  All Vehicles Moved Prior to Officer Arrival

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. We all stopped for the red light. Then we all started going when it turned green. Then they stopped again!

I dont knwo if i should consult the officer about this or not, because she didnt Give me a ticket, i feel i should just let it go...but damn...this is in a police report that my insurance company probably already has. DAMN IT!

It also says:

Other Factors that may have contributed to the accident:

Unit #1(me): Driver Inattention (ill give em that, i could have been paying more attention, obviously).

Unit #2 (truck i rear ended): Failure to control speed.

so why the hell didnt she give me a ticket? is it because im shipping out, as a wya to say thanks or something? becuase When these people claim there damage on my insurance, My Allstate claims person is probably going to say "if he didnt recieve a citation then he is not at fault". this could be a good thing...(i have known this person for 6 years).

Those pics are a damn shame Army. :cries:    :(    I feel bad for ya dude.

Today i had a decent offer.

for $500 and my car, i can get a 1990 Ford Festiva. I have no idea what kind of shape this little festiva is in, but if i buy it, it will be great to scoot around the base in. 40mpg when gas prices are sky high? ill take it!

i dont like the idea of going from a lexus to a ford POS though, but whta the hey, its only for a week, then it will be my brothers problem.

BTW, for those that dont know, these cars look like this:

BHFOFESLX902.JPG

they are fun cars, i have driven them before.

That car is actually a Kia built for Ford back in the day......if you look close enough, you will see it under hood or the doors. But I hear ya about the gas prices. B)

:cheers:

well dont get me wrong, the gas prices dont bother me all that much, i just pay it. i really dont care 2 ways or the other, but...if i dont have to pay it then why? hoever, its not something that would steer me to a small car if i was buying anything other than a beater. it doesnt influence my car purchases all that much.

Josh-

Right or wrong you're definately going to be at fault, the driver in the rear always is. They dont have to issue you a ticket for you to be at fault. You can cause an accident and not have commited any violations, inattention isn't a violation.

Josh-

Right or wrong you're definately going to be at fault, the driver in the rear always is. They dont have to issue you a ticket for you to be at fault. You can cause an accident and not have commited any violations, inattention isn't a violation.

true...hmm...that sucks...does it still go on my record if i wasnt cited? (the one the goevernment pulls fromt eh city?