Air Suspension Life

Wilfred

Hello

I have the GENI 90 LS400. I have noticed on some mornings but not every morning funnily enough that the car seems lower. I've done some reading up on the forum and yes figure its "Premature" signs of failure.

This is where i am at. So that i know to look for more signs of trouble. What are these signs i should take note of? ie how do i know its time to change the system to springs and shocks? I mean it still feels alright at the moment on the road nothing too dramatic yet but is there spose to be a dramtic change to signal that its time for new suspension?

Secondly when i walk into a suspension or wheel shop. What do i say needs to be changed? Springs and shocks? Does springs and shocks automatically mean i get new bushing because they probably been worn too?

Is there a link that shows how the swap is done. I'll print it off and take it to a shop maybe.

Thanks in advance

You'll know they're completely gone when your car looks like this:

DSC03193.sized.jpg

If you want them to replace the air struts, you will tell them that you need new air struts unless you wanted to convert them over to the conventional non air ride setup. New struts will not include new upper/lower control arm, strut rod bushings etc.

I think that if you are still pleased with the ride, you can wait until it starts to seriously roll and float on the highway.

You'll know they're completely gone when your car looks like this:

DSC03193.sized.jpg

If you want them to replace the air struts, you will tell them that you need new air struts unless you wanted to convert them over to the conventional non air ride setup. New struts will not include new upper/lower control arm,  strut rod bushings etc.

I think that if you are still pleased with the ride, you can wait until it starts to seriously roll and float on the highway.

count on $1,000 a corner USD, air struts aint cheap.

there is an after market setup aoutther somewhere...

Mine aint bashed like that. That thing looks like it was stolen and taken for a joy ride.

im going to definetly change it to the conventional setup. Does someone have the link to a page where it shows you how its done?

Ride wise its still very light and predictable. Still predictable to the point that i probably can drive it with 2 fingers. :o] Unfortuantely the ride is better sometimes than others. The problem is still very come and go at the moment i think.