New To Site Intro

Wow. Well, after plenty of years in with VW and Audi, I am here in the Lexus Land. Seems nice so far. I will see how 90 days looks hindsight. I am wondering quite a few things about the car, so hopefully I will get some help!

The car. 1998 Lexus GS300 Silver black leather

Things I would like to know about.

Switching over options. Is it reasonable - or plug and play to use HID from another GS?

Is it reasonable to swap Navigation into the car? I do not believe I have the "Naka......" Stereo, it simply says "premium sound" on the radio (i am sure it says that on all lexus cars, lol ). How do I know what stereo is in it?

I particulary would like to have a toyota badge on the car. What is needed to accomplish this? Will the badge itself from a Toyota model actual just pop in?

Mods I would like. (not looking for to "far out or wild")

Clean 18s or 19s.

Simple - 1" drop

Front lip

Toyota front grill or badge

Roof spoiler

Rear spoiler

Xenon (if OEM will work easy)

Navigation (if OEM will work easy)

Nicer new all season floor mats (hello e-bay probably)

Clear front bumper lights

Clear/red tails (if available for a reasonable price)

About it. On the higher line of things, which I will probably NOT spend on...

Nicer brakes TT or something similar.

Side skirts

Exhaust

Thats about it. I am very happy with it so far. I ahve a crappy 94 toyota with 225K on it, and while I agree that is much different all the way around, buying that car got me doing research on Toyota/Lexus. Next battle is a 98 or newer Land Cruizer, at least 1 year out. Anyways, I have been reading these forums for a bit, and am excited to be here.

Last, aside of.. lexasy and.. the carlson...(may have spelled wrong) what is nice in Lexus Land? If you can refrence web sites that would be really great.

Thanks,

AtLast

HID - Reasonable or PnP, no. At least if you want to do it properly. Leveling components and associated wiring are not present in your car. Lots of people change from Halogen to HID in various botched-up ways. IMHO, I wouldn't recommend any of these methods.

OEM Nav - Major P.I.A. It has been done but requires much time, knowledge, work, and $$$.

If it's a Nak, it will say so. You probably have the Pioneer "Premium."

OEM Xenon never was available.

On another topic, now that you've seen the light....I'd be willing to bet you'll never go back to Germany! :cheers:

:cheers: Drove the car today with the family (GF/son) very nice. Very smooth. Did back/turn and hear a "Clunk" though- Not sure ... not really a wheel bearing noise... but did hear that. Still the same, confidence in the vehicle is certainly a 10. Old days are gone.

Actually-... on the question note..

So - As far as lighting - its recommended not to touch them all together?

And.... what about getting the Toyota Emblem on the front?

Lastly - Lexus release a line of OEM aftermarket (like TRD I guess) parts....

what are the called? I understand they may be discountinued, but where can I find them?

Thank you for all help!

So - As far as lighting - its recommended not to touch them all together?

If you want to do it, go for it. You have 4 lighting options:

1. Xenon "bulbs"

2. Full HID kits into your halogen housings.

3. OEM HIDs (housings, ballasts, and bulbs) - not PnP but just a few wires to splice.

4. Retrofit HID projectors into the OEM housings.

And.... what about getting the Toyota Emblem on the front?

You want to get the ones from the Toyta Aristo. This is just the japanese version of the GS (with some engine option differences) so the grilles and badges will just fit.

Contact Carson Toyota:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com

Lastly - Lexus release a line of OEM aftermarket (like TRD I guess) parts....

what are the called?  I understand they may be discountinued, but where can I find them?

The division was called L-Tuned. Your best bet is to contact Sewell Lexus as they were clearing out the L-Tuned parts for TRD. The availability of many parts are gone or dwindling, so I'd get to them sooner vs later. They had a gread deal on the L-Tuned shocks and springs which would work out great for your requested 1" drop.

As for the rest of your questions.

Is it reasonable to swap Navigation into the car? I do not believe I have the "Naka......" Stereo, it simply says "premium sound" on the radio (i am sure it says that on all lexus cars, lol ). How do I know what stereo is in it?

It will say Nakamichi if you have it.

I particulary would like to have a toyota badge on the car. What is needed to accomplish this? Will the badge itself from a Toyota model actual just pop in?

See my previous post.

Clean 18s or 19s.

Too many choices to list. Start by contacting Derrick at D2-Autosport. He has helped me in the past.

http://www.d2autosport.com/main.html

Simple - 1" drop

L-Tuned. See my previous post about Sewell.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/

Front lip

There are several but a popular one is the TTE. Contact either Carson or Sewell.

Roof spoiler

Rear spoiler

A number of them are available. Roof = Junction Produce, DSR, Tom's Racing, L-Sportline, and a bunch of more less known/hard to get ones.

Trunk-L-Sportline, Veilside, DSR, Junction Produce, Win Racing, and the list goes on. You'll probably have to find pics and narrow down what style you want.

Xenon (if OEM will work easy)

If you meant Xenon as in HID, then see my post above.

Navigation (if OEM will work easy)

You can try this:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158006

Or I have an aftermarket one for sale:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=19436

Nicer new all season floor mats (hello e-bay probably)

I don't recall OEM ones so yes afermarket. WeatherTech seems to make decent all weather ones.

Clear front bumper lights

eBay is where most people get them. Same quality (somewhat bad) but people just accept it since they are relatively inexpensive (< $20).

Clear/red tails (if available for a reasonable price)

Junction Produce makes ones for the 01+ and 98-00 styles. Kazz makes one for the 01+ style. The 01+ ones go for about $1300. The 98-00 ones are less but you can actually DIY the 98-00 ones where as you cannot with the 01+ ones.

For DIY, see here:

http://lexusmodz.netfirms.com/

Good luck with the modding addiction. ;)

If you are looking into a drop, u should look into the l-sportline springs (1.2-1.4) on www.L-Tunedparts.com. They are clearing the springs out and had coilovers for around $600 that are sold out. l-tuned is still avaiable on ebay and variuos stores...ensure you check with the 3 main site (at least that I've found) lextasy,lexus-parts, and l-tunedparts).

Neo- really appreciate all the links. What is the NAV you have?

You mean the one I have for sale? It is the Eclipse AVN2454. It was in the title but i guess it was not in the text body. Oops. Sorry about that.

Hi AtLast, since you're in Denver don't be scared off by the dealers KuniLexus has been very helpful.Ian in the parts dept. has given me many parts no.#'s so I could research to find the best prices on the net.Stevenson Lexus has been very rude and curt.Good Luck with your new baby

WOW_ LOTS of info in there. Thank you guys very much. Neo- really appreciate all the links. What is the NAV you have? I dont have the Naka..... series stereo. Lex01 - I have seen those 3, thank you!

Ah- No problem. Wow. very nice unit. I will look @ that again but I cant do it right this second. Laying down some fairly serious $$$ Cough, Engagement, cough - so - My allownece is dwendling for a few months. :ph34r: