L-tuned Wheels

Hello,

I was looking a set of L-Tuned 18" Salina Wheels on EBay for my '01 GS300. The following is part of the description "The wheel in this auction is recommended to be mounted on the rear of your Lexus GS and is not intended to be installed on the front."

Could someone please explain to me why you can mont them on the rear but not on the front? Does size has anything to do with it? The size is 18 x 9.5, with a 45mm offset.

BTW - the item number is 7965586133

Thanks,

Herk

The original L-Tuned wheels were staggered with 18x8 +45 fronts and 18x9.5 +45 rears. The L-Tuned parts are discontinued and these rears are some leftovers that are being cleared out.

The 9.5 is too wide to fit in front without some work done. It will bolt on but it will rub. I have seen a few put on 9.5 in front but it involved fender work, some negative camber, and even smaller tires to stretch the rubber to avoid rubbing.

IMO, getting 4 of these won't look good. Unless you run spacers in the rear and do similar modifications, the front will look very aggressive while the rear is tame in comparison.

The original L-Tuned wheels were staggered with 18x8 +45 fronts and 18x9.5 +45 rears.  The L-Tuned parts are discontinued and these rears are some leftovers that are being cleared out.

The 9.5 is too wide to fit in front without some work done.  It will bolt on but it will rub.  I have seen a few put on 9.5 in front but it involved fender work, some negative camber, and even smaller tires to stretch the rubber to avoid rubbing.

IMO, getting 4 of these won't look good.  Unless you run spacers in the rear and do similar modifications, the front will look very aggressive while the rear is tame in comparison.

Thanks Neo. I see what you are talking about.