What U Think?

sorry, but I think they look like rims for a truck.

a 20" rim in that size is gonna give you a large chrome surface area.

Work with Derrick at D2, tell him I sent you. He will go over some nice stuff that will look right on you ES.

steviej.

93LSOwner, I have a black.

steviej, Derrick is helping me out with this! :D

Derrick said the wheels will fit without any probs and he will make sure before he ships it.

Do you think 20's are too big?

good, Derrick knows his stuff and is a friend of mine.

personally, I think 20s on a pre-2002 ES will make it look like a mud-buggy or some kind of 4WD vehicle. Idefinately would not go with more than an 18 on the pre-2002 and 19 on a post-2002.

Here is mine on 18s

gallery_688_27_1099606821.jpg

Keep in mind the damage issue. 20 inch rims will leave you little sidewall for the tires that you will be able to fit without flaring the fender. This means potholes and big iron road covers become you worst enemy and nightmare. Don't spend a lot of money for something that will be easily damaged.

Go with an 18, drop the car an inch and be careful when driving on them.

Lastly, I like the 5 spoke SEVAS the best of what you have showed.

steviej

20s will fit with the right offset and width. just because theyll fit doesnt mean they will look good though. 19s would be the biggest i would go if you have a kit of some sort, 18s the biggest if you dont.

Both of the wheels look pretty nice, but I like the 5 spoke (the last pic you posted) ones more. I'm not too sure if black or chrome would look better on your ES probably chrome, but I would need to see a picture. I agree with the others, 19" at most, but 18" on pre 2002 body style would look nicer IMO. What size does the 5 spoke one come in?

• 2 years later...
93LSOwner, I have a black.

steviej, Derrick is helping me out with this! :D

Derrick said the wheels will fit without any probs and he will make sure before he ships it.

Do you think 20's are too big?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good, Derrick knows his stuff and is a friend of mine.

personally, I think 20s on a pre-2002 ES will make it look like a mud-buggy or some kind of 4WD vehicle. Idefinately would not go with more than an 18 on the pre-2002 and 19 on a post-2002.

Here is mine on 18s

gallery_688_27_1099606821.jpg

Keep in mind the damage issue. 20 inch rims will leave you little sidewall for the tires that you will be able to fit without flaring the fender. This means potholes and big iron road covers become you worst enemy and nightmare. Don't spend a lot of money for something that will be easily damaged.

Go with an 18, drop the car an inch and be careful when driving on them.

Lastly, I like the 5 spoke SEVAS the best of what you have showed.

steviej

If you accidently end up slamming your front wheel hard on a big pothole with 17 or 18's, how do you find out if any damage has been done? take the wheel in for a balance check?

as you know, in MA.....it is very easy for this to happen.....

Boston Snowboader

05 ES330 Silver with stock 17 inchers (looks like yours but wheels no where near as nice!)