Gx470 Look Out

lordzatez

The GX, alsong with most Lexuses employs a throttle by wire system. That is, it doesn't have a throttle cable that connects it to the throttle body like a normal car. Instead is uses a series of electronic sensors to remotely tell the throttle body to open, which allows air into the combustion chamber and makes the car go. Whenever you push the gas, and the engine revs, the system has told the throttle body to open up because you want to go.

What he's saying is the GX is prone to failures of that system, so the vehicle would idle fine, but when you'd hit the gas, nothing would happen.

• 3 weeks later...
:rolleyes: 14-15 is about all these things are getting. I have owned other v-8 lexus and they were in the 23-27 catagory, my last RX300 V-6 would make 23 and it was also all wheel drive. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

In theory, although I've never heard of that problem on the GX.

As for the fuel mileage, a big V8 heavy truck like the GX470, 15-16mpg is pretty par for the course.

Other Lexus V8s (The cars, GS, LS and SC) of course are not only lighter, but far more aerodynamic. You can't really compare the fuel mileage. You can compare it to the LX, which is about the same.