Cd Changer Error

vasso

Another problem is cd changer which shows error offtimes.. I never understood why? is it because of cold, hot, bad road, bad cd´s or anything else? Do you have any problems with cd changer? maybe you know smth against it..

BTW I bought my lex early this year She is in very great condition very well maintained in beautiful pearl white colour. I can´t describe how it changed my life... sc400 is not just the car it is part of your life.

Tom

SC400

I also have a 400 and my changer does the same, usually when trying to get towards the middle and last tracks. It seems to be OK on the first - third songs but then gives me an error. It's pretty inconsistent so I can't diagnos it, any help would be awesome.

-Robert '93 SC400

if it readds ok at the middle but not the ends of the cd

2 possibilities are

the laser is off or the mounts are loose for the suspension in the carraige

it needs to be repaired by removing it and sending it to a repair shop for adjustments

or it might have a bit of dust

in the best case senario

On a differenct thread, the changer is suggested as made by Pioneer. Another that it is Panasonic (Masu-s hitty was mentioned - clever). I will confirm it is Panasonic as I've just pulled mine and found the Matsush ita reference.

This is actually good news. I've had experience with a head unit for my daughters Acura that is actually made by Panasonic. The head unit was (as I recall) refurbished to factory specs for about $150. Panasonic has an over the counter location near Los Alamitos (SE of Los Angeles for you none Cali-fon-yuns).

My suggestion is you send it directly to Panasonic for factory refurbishment to remove any repair mysteries and cut out the middle man mark up. By that I mean that most times this is what the local repair shop does, and then charge you additional over the (say) $150 for their time, trouble, and shipping costs (hey, they have mortgages to pay also, so very fair they get paid for the education curve).

Anyway, I'll take mine to Panasonic tomorrow and report back as to the actual cost.

By the way, the author of the Panasonic post (sounds like he really knows what he's talking about) suggests the only thing Nakamichi about the Nakamichi sterio upgrade is the amplifier. He suggests all components other than the Amp are Panasonic. But, he also suggests it is a VERY SERIOUS upgrade. So, perhaps well worth the retrofit from a wrecking yard donor it would seem.

Drive well.

I too have EXACTLY this same problem, mostly on CD-r's (imagine that :P ). Did you ever send the unit to have it refurbished? I assume that this problem is just because its an older model Cd player (pre CD-r). Is this unit interchangable in any way with a later model unit? say from a 2000 sc400? Thanks.