Lexus Extended Warranty

madkow70

I have '02 LX470.

my warranty's almost over and the dealer quoted me $1975.00 for additional 2yr/50,000 (on top of my default 4yr/50,000)

or $2525.00 for 3yr/50,000. bumper to bumper.

i don't want to deal with aftermarket warrantys and reimbursement and what not.

straight Lexus warranty's simple enough for me.

is this price negotiable or would i find better deal if i call around?

D.J.

I would call at least three other Lexus dealerships to see if their prices are the same. If it is a standard factory backed extended warrenty it won't matter which dealership you purchase it from, they will all have to honor it.

The price is negotiable. My friend just bought the 3 yr 50,000 warranty for $2,250

for her RX300 from a local dealer. Go back to the dealer you bought the car from & talk to the sales manager. I'm sure they'll work with you on the price,especially towards the end of the month.

The price is negotiable. My friend just bought the 3 yr 50,000 warranty for $2,250

for her RX300 from a local dealer. Go back to the dealer you bought the car from & talk to the sales manager. I'm sure they'll work with you  on the price,especially towards the end of the month.

thanx for the info.

i'm also gonna try calling few different dealerships across the country.

if i'm not wrong, i think i can do the purchase via phone (giving VIN and credit card number). it wouldn't matter where i buy this thing.

thanx again for your help.

now if someone can help me with my Navigation questions........

D.J.

• 1 month later...
Is there a time limit when you have to obtain the wararnty from lexus?

i was told that i should get it before the factory warranty expires.

from 8/04 post:

I have a 2000 and I just purchased the lexus extended warranty for 3yr/36K miles for $2,500. Before the warranty, I had a problem with my mirror (would not return properly when shifting from reverse) and lexus covered replacing both of them ($1,200) and I had to pay $98 laor. After reading some posts on this site (about the steering wheel, transmissions, head gaskets, etc.) and thinking about all the high tech stuff on these I decided to buy the warranty. It felt great, I suddenly didn't have any worries. The peace of mind was worth it. The truck is in the shop now having a noise in the stearing wheel fixed (it made a chatter/grinding sound upon retraction), the cruise control acted up on a road trip and the lumbar was a bit irratic. It's waiting on parts so I don't know what the total will be yet. The nice thing is it doesn't matter... it under warranty! ...

A follow up on my warranty purchase. I took the truck into the dealer as stated above and they ended up replacing the lumbar inflator ($800), replacing the exhaust manifold gasket on the passenger side ($700), replacing the antenna motor ($300), replacing the cruise control switch ($250) and replacing some parts in the stearing wheel ($300). It took almost 2 weeks to get the parts and work completed. They provided me a loaner RX330 (don't have 470 loaners) for the duration. I picked it up today and drove off without paying a cent. My warranty has already paid for itself and I am only 4 weeks into a 3 year 36,000 mile plan.

Joe

For the LC's, a number of guys have reported a "ticking" sound on vehicles anywhere from 50-100K mi. Turns out the sound was from a cracked exhaust manifold (there are two of them). It seems this problems has occurred a number of times on the ih8mud 100-series landcruiser site. Also, a few people have had the little electric pump in the brake master cylinder go bad. This part is expensive....like $1K alone for the pump, or $1.5K for the pump+master assembly (parts only, labor extra!). So in this sense, a couple of grand is small peanuts for the warranty. Also, on the LX, the electric steering wheel retracting motor has a tendency to go bad. Some guys have looked into have them disabled to "save" the motor. Also, I've heard of cases of the auto height control suspension accumulators going bad. They are like $500 each. Some have gone bad due to prev. owners (or non-Lexus shops, including a toyota dealer) thinking that fluid resevoir was for something else and/or putting the incorrect fluid in there.

a lexus extended warranty must be purchased before the 4yr/50k warranty expires. The a few different plans. The platinum plan covers the navigation .

they offer 6yr/70 6/100 and 7/100 .All run from date of first use. Pricing should be about for $1895 for the highest plan. Must dealers tend to go for the throat when you try buying it down the road and not at point of purchase. Im in the auto leasing/funding/rental business and do alot of business with my local dealer . I may be able to get you my industry price. I think on warranty's they may not be able to sell if its not been serviced there? I can check. Send me an e-mail if your interested.