Window Switch

On my 92 SC300, my switchs are bad. I have to really pull back on the switch for the driver's window to come up, going down is fine. I also have a bad switch for my unlock button. I can lock the car just fine, but when i try to unlock the doors, i have to press on the unlock switch multiple times just for it to open. But if your winodw doesn't roll down or up at all, you might want to check the motor just like chubacabra said... good luck and Hope you find the problem :D

The reason I believe it is the switch or wiring and not the motor is because the button for the passenger side window does not work either. I can however lower the window on the passenger side with the switch on the passenger door.

The plastic breaking off inside sounds familiar. When I pulled the switch a little round plastic piece fell out. The Drivers side door button does not click the passenger side button clicks. How would you fix this problem and why would that be the problem if the other button is not working?

The reason I believe it is the switch or wiring and not the motor is because the button for the passenger side window does not work either.  I can however lower the window on the passenger side with the switch on the passenger door. 

The plastic breaking off inside sounds familiar. When I pulled the switch a little round plastic piece fell out.  The Drivers side door button does not click the passenger side button clicks.  How would you fix this problem and why would that be the problem if the other button is not working?

Sounds just like my situation. It's kinda strange the way it works .. if you pull back on a good switch just a bit too much, a piece of plastic in the switch (a stop, ironically) breaks off and the switch contacts are then misaligned. If you take the switch out and open it up, it's easy to see what the problem is and how to work around it. I wish I could be more specific, but it's been several years since I did this and memory fails. I do remember that I did it with nothing more than a flat-bladed screwdriver.

When you're done, you'll find that the repaired switch has a slightly longer pull to it, but it works.

I can't say why the passenger's button clicks but doesn't work. It may be that the detent is still in place but the actual switch is not being engaged :unsure: . Once you open up the driver's side switch it will become clear.

sluggo

The reason I believe it is the switch or wiring and not the motor is because the button for the passenger side window does not work either.  I can however lower the window on the passenger side with the switch on the passenger door. 

The plastic breaking off inside sounds familiar. When I pulled the switch a little round plastic piece fell out.  The Drivers side door button does not click the passenger side button clicks.  How would you fix this problem and why would that be the problem if the other button is not working?

Jim, I have the exact same problem with the drivers side switch. I can lower thw passenger window from the passenger side, but from the drivers side, neither window will work. Whats strange is that the power door lock and window lock switches still work. And these are part of the same switch box.

Has anyone figured this out???