Any Superchip Or Upgrade For Es330 Need More Hp

Hi All

I'm currently driving the 2004 ES330 drives great but I would like more speed, HP, does any one knows of any superchip or upgrade I can do just to raise the speed a bit.

Rick  ;)

you bought the wrong car buddy

Hi All

I'm currently driving the 2004 ES330 drives great but I would like more speed, HP, does any one knows of any superchip or upgrade I can do just to raise the speed a bit.

Rick  ;)

You could try taking out all the seats, carpeting, air conditionoer condeser, entire interior, then give it a real good coat of wax, put some octane booster and drive the car down a steep hill.

You should be able to to increase the performance.

Like HoeBag said you bought the wrong car.

Our cars are not fast and furious, they are slow and curious or 2 slow to curious!

Hi All

Rick  ;)

You could try taking out all the seats, carpeting, air conditionoer condeser, entire interior, then give it a real good coat of wax, put some octane booster and drive the car down a steep hill.

You should be able to to increase the performance.

Like HoeBag said you bought the wrong car.

Our cars are not fast and furious, they are slow and curious or 2 slow to curious!

That's not very helpful. I would guess that the person bought the car because they placed luxury higher in their prority list than performance. They obviously realize that it's not a high performance car.

That doesn't preclude wanting to get a little more power out of it. In other words, they decided that even a slow Lexus is better than the other options - so they can live with the slow Lexus, but they would be even happier if the car were a little snapier.

My personal view is that you're going to spend quite a bit of money in order to get much more performance from the car, but it can probably be done (exhaust headers, turbo, etc). I wouldn't do that, but some people might.

Hi All

Rick  ;)

Not sure if such a chip exists or not......having said that, be very careful if you do find something.......you might void your factory warranty. :ph34r: B)

:cheers:

well - if you want to tune an es- i guees you would need a custom exhaust setup, as I believe there aren't any bolt on ones. there are for the IS and GS but not too sure about the ES. You can start by getting a K&N air filter, custom exhaust (borla?freeflow...) Platinum plugs,performance wires,um...strut tower brace, lowering springs /shocks/struts. you might as well go the handling route too.

but honestly, one is better off doing this much work and spending this much money on a sports sedan. we own rolling sofas, and by no means are they intended to be "hopped up". I understand we all need to make statements or try to be different, but this is just the wrong car for them IMHO.

the money you save one can get a sports car if you want! fast right out the gate!

well - if you want to tune an es- i guees you would need a custom exhaust setup, as I believe there aren't any bolt on ones. there are for the IS and GS but not too sure about the ES. You can start by getting a K&N air filter, custom exhaust (borla?freeflow...) Platinum plugs,performance wires

I'd go with Iridium plugs personally. ;)

:cheers:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

The MOD chip are not good. They are always junk stuffs - like junk foods. They usually not help anything but will damage your car instead. Try K&N air filter + use Premium gas (91 or higer). I use those two on on my 2003 ES300 and it is alot better.

PS: replace the Engine oil at Lexus Dealer because they use good oil - Mobil 1 Super Synthetic oil 5w-30 but cost $45 bucks.

Hope this will help.

Hi,

The MOD chip are not good. They are always junk stuffs - like junk foods. They usually not help anything but will damage your car instead. Try K&N air filter + use Premium gas (91 or higer). I use those two on on my 2003 ES300 and it is alot better.

PS: replace the Engine oil at Lexus Dealer because they use good oil - Mobil 1 Super Synthetic oil 5w-30 but cost $45 bucks.

Hope this will help.

This has been stated repeatedly before. Stay away from K&N. They do not offer the degree of filtration you need and could potentially damage your engine. Someone gave data showing that K&N let particles through - causing your oil to become contaminated more quickly than a paper filter.

Furthermore, someone provided data in this forum showing that K&N didn't even provide any better air flow than a good paper filter.

Search the archives and you'll see what I mean. K&N is a wonderful testimony to a marketing person being able to convince people to spend money on something that's actually bad for them.

Use K&N if you want, or anyone else for that matter. None of them offer any horsepower to gain, nor any damaged caused by less filtration, as long as there is filtration.

The point of the filter is to keep large, damaging objects from falling into the engine.

If you think that small particles damage engines, then the EGR, and blow-by recirculation (head breather & PCV valve) are the primary culprit that must be delt with. Thousands of times more damaging crap from the EGR flows the the system than the intake. (Unless you're just pouring stuff into it LoL!)

You can't buy chips, or have the ECU re-tuned currently.

However you can install piggybacks like an SMT, E-Manage, SAFC, or if you are not interested in doing, or tuning yourself, have a Unichip installed.

Easy 10hp on any stock Toyota ECU from simple leaning

• 2 weeks later...

[quote=Toysrme,Jun 26 2005,

You can get a chip i look it up at my local toyota dealer performanc desk (matrix auto) Edmonto AB they will run you about 300-$400. but you will only see about a 15hp gain. i did't get one because i am thinking of puting a turbo on and it would be a waste of cash. if you get one i would also put on a magnoflow exhoust custom cold air intake and custom header and upgrade your plugs. this will give you the best power gain without doing internal work.

P.S

if you put a intake,exhoust or header remember you wont feel any more power till you do all three you get no increes if you take in more air if you can't get rid of more exhoust. this is hp 101 first year auto tec info. if you did it all you would be lucky if you saw a 35-40 hp gain at the wheel's

also if you are lucky you may be able to get a custom programd chip they coast a bit more but if you can get one were you live it is the way to go. they run about $500 but are much better

But let's put it in persepctive. That $500 isn't going to get him all that much extra performance. You're just not going to turn an ES into a hot rod - unless you bolt on a turbocharger, modify the exhaust, and so on. Even then, the amount of performance vs dollars spent isn't going to be all that impressive.

Wow. At this point, people are simply throwing mis-information around wildly...

You can get a chip i look it up at my local toyota dealer performanc desk (matrix auto) Edmonto AB they will run you about 300-$400... you may be able to get a custom programd chip...

No... No one re-programs, or re-flashes late model OBD-II Toyota ecu's... No one has ever reverse engineered one.

The information is not a chip that is easily removed to start with. It isa non reprogrammable, and non reflashable EEPROM that is soldiered into place.

Dealers don't have access to the equipment to modify an ECU, nor the information on how to do so. Outside of the engineers that work for Toyota/Denso brands, and anyone associated with them (i.e. Lotus & the company that makes the high end sports car based off the lotus).

ECU-Case.jpg

ECU-Info.jpg

TopPCB-Face.jpg

TopPCB-Bottom.jpg

BottomPCB-Top.jpg

BottomPCB-Bottom.jpg

The closet dealers ever came to re-programming the stock ECU's (or modifying them in any way) were the small, overly-simple piggybacks they installed on the air-flow sensors on the TRD S/C units. They never worked at all... The reason the TRD S/C's are all on "permanent" back-order is because of massive detonation problems. They simply couldn't add enough fuel to the engines.

be very careful if you do find something.......you might void your factory warranty.

Very correct, if an engine modification is a direct, or in-direct (to a proveable point) cause of a failure, the warranty is null and void on that part, or anything directly / in-directly broken along with it. If you say...

This is one of the main reasons why you can't buy such things from the Toyota brands. They simply are not going to take out the massive amount of safety given to them by the factory engineers.

if you put a intake,exhoust or header remember you wont feel any more power till you do all three you get no increes if you take in more air if you can't get rid of more exhoust. this is hp 101 first year auto tec info. if you did it all you would be lucky if you saw a 35-40 hp gain at the wheel's

That's not true for anything in the modern Lexus/Toyota/Scion land...

Horsepower 101 is to remove any restriction. The simple fact, is that intak that EFI Toyota engine of recent memory (read mid 80's EFI - non forced induction) has no, or next to no power to gain off a cat-back exhaust, nor an intake modification.

Let's spell it out across the entire modern v6 family.

SOHC 3vz-e (truck / suv) is dyno proven to gain 7whp PEAK combined with a CAI

3vz-fe's (both 92/93 and 94-97) in Australia gain 10whp peak with custom headers, cat-back exhaust, and CAI

1mz-fe's gain 10whp with headers, cat-back, and CAI...

They only gain 20hp at the crank off headers when used with a TRD S/C!?!?!?

3.4L 5vz-fe's are the winner, known to make 30bhp off headers, exhaust, and intake mods.

The simple fact is that such mods (intake, cat-back, headers) are not needed, not beginning to mention that they are a complete waste of money to buy. $1200 for custom headers that can't give any power... I can see buying an intake or exhaust. Everyone starts out with that mistake, and at least they give you the sound of going fast!

about $500 but are much better

An SMT-6 (at the moment) Costs $355, with a hand full of dealers willing to install it on your car and give you a simple rough tune. (part of the appeal of an SMT is that you can re-program then in real time via a laptop).

The only other piggyback you will find installed & tuned without an install / tuning fee in this market is a Unichip. Chalk up $800-$1200 for one of those to be installed.

Even when you can re-program/flash a factory chip/ECU, it's not always the best solution.

$325 y-pipe/cat

$125 safc piggyback

$50 for any misc mods

There is an easy 30-40 crank horsepower for $500.

Guess what??? That 30-40hp will take your 7.2s 0-60mph, 15.5s @ 80mph 1/4 mile to 6.5s 0-60mph, 14.7-14.9s - 93-94mph 1/4 mile.

You'll loose to any M/T Maxima with equivalent mods. You'll loose to any 90's v8. Guess what??? You'll be faster than 99% of the cars on the road, along with the vast majority of stock muscle cars ever produced.

What you need to take from this is a simple message...

Everything is relative. What is fast to you? What kind of power do you want? I'm going to tell you the straight up truth... You *can* have a fast car on the track - You simply have to understand that most "easy" modifications are not going to help in that quest.

Can't stand the fact that you can't run with a Maxima with the same money spent? Sorry, you'll have to spend more - the good news is you'll destroy most non blown - non cammed accords.

Not to babble on and on, but ya.

*edit* Had to crack my ECU open today, took pics.

[quo

Dealers don't have access to the equipment to modify an ECU, nor the information on how to do so. Outside of the engineers that work for Toyota/Denso brands, and anyone associated with them (i.e. Lotus & the company that makes the high end sports car based off the lotus).

try mayfield toyota matrix performance desk Edmonton Alberta they gave me the price and spec on the chip

also TD performance warhouse in Edmonton sent a rep to F/X Audio to give us the rundown on there custom chips and clame to be able to make one for any car. info from the rep

Use K&N if you want, or anyone else for that matter. None of them offer any horsepower to gain, nor any damaged caused by less filtration, as long as there is filtration.

The point of the filter is to keep large, damaging objects from falling into the engine.

If you think that small particles damage engines, then the EGR, and blow-by recirculation (head breather & PCV valve) are the primary culprit that must be delt with. Thousands of times more damaging crap from the EGR flows the the system than the intake. (Unless you're just pouring stuff into it LoL!)

You can't buy chips, or have the ECU re-tuned currently.

However you can install piggybacks like an SMT, E-Manage, SAFC, or if you are not interested in doing, or tuning yourself, have a Unichip installed.

Easy 10hp on any stock Toyota ECU from simple leaning

Sorry to barge in here..but I think K & N really is a BIG Rip-Off..they may add more flow..however, when you have to put oil on them to keep the big chunks of crap from going into your intake...that should tell you something...NOT a good thing as Martha says..

If you want Performance from a Lexus..buy one with a Supercharger from the factory...or trade for an A C Cobra...Good Luck!!!