Gx470 Depreciates Less Compared To 4runner V8 Afte

nyc11370

"4Runner V8 Limited" devalue more compared GX470 after 2 years. I am trying to compare both cars with realistic minimum options. I only have the 2003 wholesale prices since these models are only 2 years old.

I got the estimated invoice price from Edmunds.com and then added the following dealer markup:

$3,000 Lexus Dealer Markup

$1,000 Toyota Dealer Markup

GX470

$45,489 - 2005 Base Invoice w/ Mandatory 3rd Row + Destination + $3,000 Dealer Markup

- $38,414 - Manheim Wholesale Auction Average 2003 GX470 Price

= $7,075 - 2 Year Depreciation

4Runner V8 4WD Limited

$37,656 - 2005 Base Invoice w/ Mandatory Option Package A w/ 6 CD + Destination + $1,000 Dealer Markup

- $27,567 - Manheim Wholesale Auction Average 2003 4Runner V8 4WD Price

= $10,089 - 2 Year Depreciation

I don't use Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds.com for the used car values. The Manheim averages are more accurate based on real transactions. One of my friends is a Toyota sales and he confirmed the GX470 auction prices are high.

GX470

$45,489 - 2005 Base Invoice w/ Mandatory 3rd Row 

is it now mandatory to get the third seat?? I heard you can still order a unit w/o the 3rd seat.:wacko:

You know the dealers does not like special order. (1)takes too long to get (2)the customer may change the mind and cancel the deal

I checked eBay for a few months and did not see 1 GX without the 3rd row.

I checked eBay for a few months and did not see 1 GX without the 3rd row.

i know where to find a GX w/o 3rd row, me! well the only reason why i got it was that the lines for the GX were toooooo long and my salesperson told me to go for this if i wanted one asap so i went for it. I'm happy with it and especially the color! :P :cheers: