Keyless Entry Programming Rx300

trippkerr

I just purchased a 2000 RX300. I purchased an additional remote key (the keyless entry built into the head of the key). I was able to program the actual key using posts on this forum. When it comes to programming the keyless entry, I can't get it to work. Does anyone know the specific directions for programming the keyless entry for the RX300?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :rolleyes:

Tripp

Remote (key) Transmitter PROGRAMMING

NOTE: The remote keyless entry system is equipped with 2

transmitters, having 2 unique vehicle access codes programmed

into the wireless door lock ECU.

MODES OF REGISTRATION (PROGRAMMING)

There are 4 registration modes:

Add Mode:

Adds a transmitter without erasing existing transmitter

codes. Four transmitter codes can be registered at one time. If number

of registered codes exceeds 4, previously registered codes are erased

in order, starting with first registered code.

Rewrite Mode:

Erases all previously registered transmitter codes and

reprogram new transmitters.

Confirmation Mode:

Informs user of number of existing transmitter codes already

programmed in system.

Prohibition Mode:

Erases all existing registered transmitter codes and cancels wireless

door lock operation. Use this function if transmitter is lost or stolen.

REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODE

1) To begin programming, remove key from ignition switch.

Ensure driver’s door is open and unlocked, and all other doors are

closed. Insert key into ignition switch, and then remove it. Go to

next step.

2) Complete the following in 40 seconds or less: press door

lock switch to LOCK position, and then within one second, press door

lock switch to UNLOCK position. Repeat procedure continuously until

door locks have been locked and unlocked 5 times. Close, and then open

driver’s door. Go to next step.

3) Complete the following in 40 seconds or less: repeat

procedure in step 2), except~ for closing and opening driver’s door.

Insert key into ignition switch. To enter desired mode, turn ignition

switch to ON position and back to LOCK position (one cycle), within

one second, the specified number of times. See REGISTRATION MODE

SELECTION table. Remove key from ignition switch. Go to next step.

REGISTRATION MODE SELECTION

Registration Mode No. Of Ignition Switch Cycles

---------------------------------------

Add 1

Rewrite 2

Confirmation 3

Prohibition 5

---------------------------------------

4) If any mode other than confirmation mode •is selected, go

to next step. If confirmation mode was selected, door locks will cycle

0-4 times depending on how many transmitter codes are stored in ECU.

Example: two stored codes equals 2 door lock/unlock cycles.

Registration of confirmation code is complete after door locks cycle.

5) Complete the following in 40 seconds or less: if add mode,

rewrite mode or prohibition mode is selected, to confirm proper

initiation, door locks will automatically cycle one time for add mode,

2 times for rewrite mode and 5 times for prohibition mode. Press

transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for at least 1.5

seconds, and then within 3 seconds, press any transmitter button for

at least one second. Go to next step.

6) If within 3 seconds, door locks’ cycle one time, new

transmitter code has been successfully accepted. Go to next step. If

door locks cycle 2 times, new transmitter code was not accepted. To

program an additional transmitter or to make a second attempt, return

to step 5) within 40 seconds.

7) Registration of recognition codes is complete under any of

the following conditions: l~

* Forty seconds has elapsed since wireless door lock ECU has

responded.

* Driver’s door is closed.

* Key is inserted in the ignition key cylinder.

* Four recognition codes are registered at one time.

Good luck!

Hi all! Hi RX 300-BV ! Is that a programing instruction for all RX modle ? Is that the program for start the engine too or just for the remote door lock only? If it's just for the remote door lock only, so how can we program the actual key? One more thing, if we fail 1 off any programing step,can it destroy the old master key or the ECU? Thanks for your post RX300-BV !

Welcome RX-Lan,

Those instructions are for programming the remote lock/unlock feature of a master remote key. Those instructions should work on all '99-'03 RX300s. I don't believe they are for the new '04 RX330s though.

To program a new key to be able to start the engine, follow these steps.

Programming replacement keys. 1998 and up Lexus models

1. Enter the car with a working pre-programmed key and close all doors. Simultaneously depress and release both the brake and the accelerator pedals.

2. Within 5 seconds, insert the working pre-programmed key into the ignition. Do not turn the key.

3. Within 15 seconds of inserting the ignition key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 5 times.

4. Within 20 seconds, depress and release the brake pedal 6 times.

5. Within 10 seconds, remove the working pre-programmed key from the ignition.

6. Within 10 seconds, insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition.

7. Depress and release the accelerator pedal one time. The security light should now begin flashing to indicate that the computer is reading the new key and programming the system.

8. Leave the new key in the ignition for at least 60 seconds. When the security light stops flashing, the programming process should be complete

9. Start the vehicle using the new key to verify that programming was successful.

Failing on these steps simply means the new key was not successfully added/programmed. It should not damage your working master or the ECU. It might take you a couple of tries to get down the timing for this to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a Preowned Lexus RX300 -2000. The dealer only had 1 Key ( the one without the key less entry) for it. I tried to look in Ebay to see if I could buy a key with the Keyless entry and possibly a second copy in case I loose my current key. After searching to all the items a few questions came up that seemed never explained properly. I hope any of you guys could help me .

1. They are selling keyless entry keys that are already cut. If I buy it and program the keyless entry.... can I use that key to turn the engine on? or I can just use it to unlock doors?

2. They always mention the FCC ID of each keys, why do I need to know FCC ID to buy the key? and How would I know if that FCC ID is compatible with my car?

3. I saw someone selling an UNCUT Keyless entry Key and a master Key. The seller said I could just have someone cut the keys and he will provide programming information, but i need a Master key ( The one that opens the glove compartment ) . I tried to close my glove compartment with the key that I have and it won't even fit the key hole...... does it mean I have the "Valet Key"? the head of my key looks like the the master key ( the one withoutthe remote).

I would appreciate any help to clear all these issues for me. :wacko:

post-5-1058504664.jpg

I'll try and answer your questions as accurate as possible.

1) You cannot use a precut key from another Lexus to turn on your engine. You would only be able to use the keyless entry feature, after they are programmed, to lock and unlock the doors. To start the engine, the key needs to be cut for your car and the key must be programmed into your car's ECU.

2) I'm unsure about the FCC ID, but if you are buying it from a Lexus dealer, they require (if I remember correctly) your car's VIN# so that the key can be cut properly to fit into your locks. Maybe the FCC ID refers to two little tags that the Lexus dealer gives you with your set of keys that are to be used for reordering spares.

3) Your key is mostly likely a Valet key if you cannot lock/unlock your glove compartment.

Hope this helps and enjoy your new ride! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my own posting, I find that I can get as far as the confirmation stage. But I do NOT have the separate

>>>Remote (key) Transmitter PROGRAMMING

>>>NOTE: The remote keyless entry system is equipped with 2

>>>transmitters, having 2 unique vehicle access codes programmed

>>>into the wireless door lock ECU.

Is there any way I can get any further than confirmation stage without the separate keyless entry transmitters?

Please help!!!

Nick

I must stop talking to myself!!

Things start to become clear. In Japan and UK the keyless entry system uses a master key that has just one button.

So the instructions passed by rx-300 bv to reprogram keys only partially work.

Reading the instructions you will see that confirmation and prohibition do NOT require

"the lock and unlock buttons to pressed together to 1.5 seconds" - which would be hard for us guys with keyless entry systems with just 1 button!! Our button is like a flip flop. Press it and the locks change from whatever state they were to the opposite.

So I have been able to remove the stolen key's ability to unlock my rx300 by using prohibition. It just would be nice to know how to get my new keyless entry key into the ECU.

So any ideas on the change for us guys?

Thanks

Nick

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

hi everyone,

i just lost my year 2005 rx300 key with the remote. I am currently using a spare key to open all doors and drive. Trying to purchase a uncut key from ebay and program the remote and transponder myself but not sure whether the following:-

1. is my key a master key? (the key i have does not have the remote but opens the glove compartment) according to the www.streetkeys.com, the secruity light immediately went off after i insert the key into the ignition. but how can i be sure?

2. does the programming work for the newer 2005 rx300 model?

thanks

frank

• 5 months later...

I too have a RHD Jap import 1998 Toyota Harrier RX300 with a ONE Button remote key. At the moment the remote only locks/unlock the door, it doesn't flash the lights or beep the horn. Can it be programmed

to do these functions. Thanks Geoff.

• 3 months later...

ok, I must be an idiot..... I can program the keys no problem, I programed 3 and I have 1 that I bought with the remote case empty and bought another key used for the "guts" installed them and programed the key to start the truck...

Now, im trying to program the remote and I can't get into any of the modes, the truckacts like im just doing it for the heck of it... i've tried cycling the key on/off 1 -2 and 3 times with no response from the RX except the security light slowly blinks as usual.. I've tired it with the new key, and our existing key to see if i could at least "confirm" it... no luck

Open door

key in-out

cycle 5 times lock/unlock

close open door

cycle 5 times lock/unlock

key in-on-off-out

at this point am I supose to get a response from the truck? if not i went ahead and pressed the buttons on the new remote, in order nothing! i've tried it with new key, old key, old remote, new remote,

:cries:

• 10 months later...

Can anyone advise nickmoul and myself on how to reprogram the keyless entry using a single button remote? I can get the car to go into program mode easily but cannot follow the directions requiring pressing both butons at the same time either. Thanks in advance.

I must stop talking to myself!!

Things start to become clear. In Japan and UK the keyless entry system uses a master key that has just one button.

So the instructions passed by rx-300 bv to reprogram keys only partially work.

Reading the instructions you will see that confirmation and prohibition do NOT require

"the lock and unlock buttons to pressed together to 1.5 seconds" - which would be hard for us guys with keyless entry systems with just 1 button!! Our button is like a flip flop. Press it and the locks change from whatever state they were to the opposite.

So I have been able to remove the stolen key's ability to unlock my rx300 by using prohibition. It just would be nice to know how to get my new keyless entry key into the ECU.

So any ideas on the change for us guys?

Thanks

Nick

• 2 months later...

I bought a transponder key from Mykeyless and had it cut and am still trying to program it. I will keep trying until I get too frustrated. I do have a question on what a "Valet" key does. Will it open the doors and start the car as the term "valet" indicates? Does it also need to be programmed as well? Would a blank key bought off Ebay for 2001 RX300 w/o remote be the one I would need to buy?

Thanks