Cabin Air Filter

Are you sure they didn't send you the engine air filter, instead of the cabin air filter? I'm sure they'll take care of you if they screwed up and refund your money, including shipping. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm afraid they did send me the engine filter, but when I called them he swore up and down that I had the correct part # to match the cabin air filter. They said I could send it back for a full refund, no problem. But that still leaves me without a cabin air filter. I called my local Toyota dealer, and they don't even carry a cabin air filter for a 2001 Lexus GS300.

I don't know who posted the previous message, but I'm not sure a Toyota cabin air filter is the same as a Lexus cabin air filter, seeing as they didn't even carry a Lexus cabin filter. They told me to call the Lexus dealer

Here is my receipt from ElAutoparts.com for the cheaper of the two filters for a 93 GS300 shipped to upstate NY:

1 Acc Cabin Filter Activated Charcoal

per Car Qty:1; NPN R2060-138489 $17.97 $17.97

Subtotal: $17.97

Shipping - UPS Ground Residential: $9.16

Total Weight (0.3lbs. ):

FL residents pay 6.00 % Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $27.13

Are you sure they didn't send you the engine air filter, instead of the cabin air filter? I'm sure they'll take care of you if they screwed up and refund your money, including shipping. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm afraid they did send me the engine filter, but when I called them he swore up and down that I had the correct part # to match the cabin air filter. They said I could send it back for a full refund, no problem. But that still leaves me without a cabin air filter. I called my local Toyota dealer, and they don't even carry a cabin air filter for a 2001 Lexus GS300.

I don't know who posted the previous message, but I'm not sure a Toyota cabin air filter is the same as a Lexus cabin air filter, seeing as they didn't even carry a Lexus cabin filter. They told me to call the Lexus dealer

where is the least exspensive place to buy one?

Advance Auto. Puralator 5790055. About $18.

ACTUALLY....THE CORRECT OEM FILTER from advance auto is a purolator but the part # is c35518. this is the carbon activated one and is the exact same as the oem one. its 26.09....i buy one like every 3-4 months

• 8 months later...

For those of us in the South Oreilly Auto parts carry's two different versions of this filter. A standard version that they keep in stock (~$21) and an upgraded one that has to be special ordered.

I just replace mine yesterday (bought the car on Saturday) and the was completely clogged. Weighed about 4 pounds. It makes an amazing difference! The air actually circulates.

• 3 weeks later...