Calling On '02 Lx470 Owners

madkow70

i searched through the forum and never got a definitive answer.

i have a '02 lx470.  what version nav s/w dvd work with this vehicle?

i saw some 4.x avalabe online.  woudl those work with mine?

HELP!!!

Hi Madkow70,

I also have a 2002 LX470. I researched the database update situation too. There was an update made as of November 2004. I'm not aware of anything new since then, but I don't know for sure. I've been trying to find an inexpensive way to upgrade. My Lexus dealer wants $675 for the update. Too expensive in my books. I've read on this forum of others that updated it themselves. Some were successful and others were not. I get a little nervous about this. If you find anything that works. Please advise me.

Thanks,

Victor

here's what i gathered so far.

and this applies only to '02 models.

according to the dealership, the latest nave update is 2004.1 revision (also known as v.04.1)

My LX470 still has the original from '02 so the data is quite outdated.

my dealership wanted to charge me an arm, a leg and my pinky toe for this.

there's no way i'm gonna pay them this.

i also found that there is v.04.2 (2004.2 version, even better) but that one will not work on ours. that one is for Lexus only.

??? you might say. but pre-04 LX and all RXs are considered as Toyota when it comes to NAV system. we are in entirely seperate generation of nav system and will not work with DVDs that says "Lexus" by itself (i.e. the latest 4.2)

if you carefully look at v.04.1 and older DVDs it says "Lexux and Toyota"

I was told that that is the only ones that'll work on our models (pre '04 LX and all RX)

also, there was a recall for v.04.1. that's what you were reading about. those recalled DVDs might give us some trouble. I was able to order (on e-bay) a post-recall v.04.1 yesterday.

i'll let you know how i make out of it.

D.J.

i searched through the forum and never got a definitive answer.

i have a '02 lx470.   what version nav s/w dvd work with this vehicle?

i saw some 4.x avalabe online.  woudl those work with mine?

HELP!!!

Hi Madkow70,

I also have a 2002 LX470. I researched the database update situation too. There was an update made as of November 2004. I'm not aware of anything new since then, but I don't know for sure. I've been trying to find an inexpensive way to upgrade. My Lexus dealer wants $675 for the update. Too expensive in my books. I've read on this forum of others that updated it themselves. Some were successful and others were not. I get a little nervous about this. If you find anything that works. Please advise me.

Thanks,

Victor