Suggestions For Maintenance?

Hey all,

If you remember I had my car for a very sort time and the I started to have starting problems. Well, my car is up and running...it was the starter! Is this common? I haven't seen much about starters needing replaced.

Anyway, as I explained before I am a (new to me) '99 GS400 owner. What are some preventative things that you could share that G's need? Oil every 3K-belts-filters-etc. I don't want to ignore something that should be addressed at 64000 miles. I'm an average driver...okay so I like to drive fast, but mostly during the straight away for 20 minutes on the way home work. How much impact does octane make?

Thanks!

;)

Don't come on here asking about octane, you'll start WW4. Use what the manufacturer specifies. Use a good quality fuel injector cleaner every other tank to help reduce carbon buildup in EGR system. Use synthetic oil. Don't use FRAM crap. Change the brake fluid if it's dirty, change the power steering fluid if it hasn't been done yet. Hasve the tarnny flushed at a reputable shop. Be careful, of getting it done just anywhere as alot of places don't clean and maintain their tranny flush equip. So you end up getting all the garbage from others trans flushed into your car. Oh, and slow down speed racer <_<

faster....faster....faster....I think I bought the right car. No speeding tickets...yet. It's a good thing to have a few cop friends. My favorite thing so far is the get and GO...

Don't come on here asking about octane, you'll start WW4. Use what the manufacturer specifies. Use a good quality fuel injector cleaner every other tank to help reduce carbon buildup in EGR system. Use synthetic oil. Don't use FRAM crap. Change the brake  fluid if it's dirty, change the power steering fluid if it hasn't been done yet. Hasve the tarnny flushed at a reputable shop. Be careful, of getting it done just anywhere as alot of places don't clean and maintain their tranny flush equip. So you end up getting all the garbage from others trans flushed into your car.  Oh, and slow down speed racer <_<