Lexus Financial Services Problem

GROlsen

Has anyone else had trouble sending their final payment to Lexus Financial? I have a '99 RX300 (which, BTW, I think is one of the best vehicles on the road!). I sent a payoff check to Lexus on 7/9 and it still hasn't cleared the bank. However, just trying to find the address to which I should send it was a real problem:

1. I went to the website to get the payoff information. There is no information as to where to send the final payment. I could get my payoff information and effective date, and my cars' VIN but nothing else.

2. I called the phone number listed on the website. It was so busy, I was just told to call back later ... and it then hung up on me. No possibility to get hold of a person.

3. I clicked on the link "Contact Us" - but my email was returned "host unknown". That seemed pretty odd to me, so I resent the email directly from my email server... and still no response.

4. I found another number and called it, following the instructions to get to the addresses for payoff. I sent my check to that address.

5. When I found out my check had not been cashed, I again tried calling Lexus. I was kept on hold for almost 30 minutes during office hours! The lady I spoke to was pleasant, but not helpful at all. She didn't have any information.

6. Long and short: I will probably have to pay an additional sum of money simply because Lexus could not process my final payment. Of course, they also auto-deducted from my checking account another payment. So... I will be owed money from them (they have my payoff money plus my monthly money), but I doubt I will get a check from them in a timely manner.

My problems with Lexus Financial has really put my faith in Lexus/Toyota into serious doubt. Inability to get the simplest information from the company from a secure website is, in this day and age, a poor business judgement. I doubt I will do business with them (Lexus Financial) again.