Brakes

I am interested in this as I am going to need brakes. In the past, OEM dealer parts were recommened by someone as they said they never squeak. That was the only issue I remember being discussed.

I recently purchased Axxis Ultimate brake pads. The pads are good. Dust is low (IMO). Expect to pay somewhere between $100 - $120 for both front and rear pads. (I think the fronts were like $55, while the rears were $45...something like that). Not sure about pad life, as I've also installed slotted rotors which shorten pad life. I've had to stomp on the brakes quickly a few times...and it has performed quite well.

Also, please purchase good quality tires. People often purchase good pads, but neglect their tires. I'm currently running Yokohama ES100s and I like them a lot. Good traction on dry and wet. Low noise.

I would definately recommend ebc's green stuff. But, if you want the best from your pads and have the money for them, rebestos (sp?) makes several different lines of pads, and work excellent. not sure on the spelling, but if you go to any parts store and ask about them, they'll know what you're talking about. Any parts store should also have catalogs from the manufacturers. But do stay away from autozones and places like them. Stick with the pop shops, they'll know everything you need to.