V160 Or R154 Tranny?

I currently have the 92 SC300 with a 2JZ-GTE (JDM) motor. I currently have the w58 tranny (Stock 5sp SC tranny) I already have a v160 (Getrag 6sp tranny) ready to install just need to pick up the rear diff off a Supra TT, but a lot of people have been telling me to sell the v160 and get the r154 (Stock 5sp tranny for the 1JZ-GTE 2.5 TT). They tell me that the r154 is a lot cheaper and can handle just as much power as the v160 with less shifting. I'm looking to get around 400hp, 500hp at max to the wheels. Does anyone else have this setup either the v160 or the r154 and if so what is your opinion on them?

I have the R154 in my Soarer and if i had the choice i would go to the V160. The R154 just isnt a fun transmission to use. Its notchy and so damn heavy to shift, but thats the nature of the beast. Either one will handle the power as long as youre not doing clutch drops, but the v160 will be much easier to drive, especially in america with the open roads

I just wanted to say thank you for all your input. I still want to see try to test drive both tranny to find out how notchy it really is. A lot of my friends have the r154 and love it, but i think it could be that they are all supra mk III guys. Well i have a chance to drive both trannies this weekend. I am on a budget... and want something that is practical for everyday use. I am not into dragging the cars.. but i would like to take it to the track later on in the future... so i just want a good all around tranny that can handle about 400 hp. I just don't want a tranny cuz of the bragging rights, i would like to keep it if it is actually practical to spend the rest of the money to get the rear diff, axles, etc... Thanks for everyone's input... New to the club and i already feel very welcome.... thanks guys...