Adding Different Wheels

I am looking at some factory chrome 16" wheels from a 93-94 SC 300/400 to put on my 01 es300. Does anyone know if they will fit ? I got to wondering about the front wheel/rear wheel drive thing ? I am sure the bolt pattern is the same though.

Your thoughts ?

Just a suggestion. How about the 16" 9-spoke factory rims from the '02-'04 ES? Although the rim size is 16 x 6.5", it fits perfect with the '01 ES (I have them on mine, see pics in my gallery). Only thing is that the '01 lug nuts will stick out further. This can be easily remedied by purchasing lug nuts for the '02-'04 ES wheels.

The reason that I am looking at these wheels is because I found someone that is selling them with almost new tires for pretty cheap............$400.

If they are so cheap then what is wrong with them?

I wouldn't buy until a professional shop tests them to see if any are bent or damaged.

steviej

The reason that I am looking at these wheels is because I found someone that is selling them with almost new tires for pretty cheap............$400.

If they are so cheap then what is wrong with them?

I wouldn't buy until a professional shop tests them to see if any are bent or damaged.

steviej

The price seems pretty good but actually I have seen lexus rims with tires for even lower as well as higher. He told me that I could have them all checked out though. What should I be looking for besides the obvious curb rash,dents, cracks, etc ? Does anyone know if they will fit for the front wheel drive es300. The seller has mentioned many times when we have exchanged emails to make sure I bring the cash with me though. Almost too many times to make me feel a little strange. We are about an hour and a half apart from each other.

have a shop check them for balance and run off. They will be able to tell if they are bent.

however, your comment about being sure to bring cash.....walk away from this deal right now. If you do decide to go through with it, insist on a money order or bank check. That way you have a way to retrieve your funds should they turn out to be crap. Get everything in writing and agree on a "not satisfied buy back agreement". If he won't go for it, do take the deal.

steviej