Lexus Es300 1995 Turn Signal Problems

I own a lexus ES 300, recently it has been acting up. My big problem is the left turn signal that blinks dim and fast. THe right turn signal works just fine. I have replaced the bulb and that did not help. I am out of ideas. If nebody could help me please?

XZaNeXxX@aol.com

Check it 4 what? I looked at it when i changed the bulb. Looked fine to me. Lexus wants to fix it for about 1K. So u know. Im goin to keep workin on it. All the posts help. SO far every thing you have said, I have done and still no luck.

I had the same problem on my 96 es300. I didn't replace the bulb but used a file on the contacts on the bulb and "lifted up" the prongs on the socket so they made better contact with the bulb. It's a pain to get to the bulb but it worked and saved me $$$. From other posts this appears to be a common problem. Good luck.

Ed

There are 3 prongs in the light socket that may lose tension. If one of the prongs is loose you don't get enough voltage to the bulb to turn it on thus the rapid flashes. I've used a small pocket screwdriver & pryed them just enough to contact. Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

My ES is a 94 model; however, I would assume that the 92 uses the same headlight assembly.

To get to the turn signals, you have to remove the headlight assembly. First, you need to remove the black plastic strip which covers the area between the radiator and the grill. This is held in place by several plastic clips. The clips are usually somewhat difficult to remove without damaging them. The key step in removing them is pulling out the center part. The rest of the clip them comes out easily.

After removing this strip, you will see three screws which hold the headlight assembly in place. If I remember correctly, these are 10 mm. Remove the screws, and you can then pull out the entire assembly. You can then access the turn signal bulbs at the lower outside of the assembly.

Getting the headlight assembly back in place can be a struggle. There is a guide pin in the back of the assembly which must mesh with the car body. Don't try to force it into place. Manipulate the assembly until it slides into position.

My ES is a 94 model; however, I would assume that the 92 uses the same headlight assembly.

To get to the turn signals, you have to remove the headlight assembly.  First, you need to remove the black plastic strip which covers the area between the radiator and the grill.  This is held in place by several plastic clips.  The clips are usually somewhat difficult to remove without damaging them.  The key step in removing them is pulling out the center part.  The rest of the clip them comes out easily.

After removing this strip, you will see three screws which hold the headlight assembly in place.  If I remember correctly, these are 10 mm.  Remove the screws, and you can then pull out the entire assembly.  You can then access the turn signal bulbs at the lower outside of the assembly.

Getting the headlight assembly back in place can be a struggle.  There is a guide pin in the back of the assembly which must mesh with the car body.  Don't try to force it into place.  Manipulate the assembly until it slides into position.

thats a lot of work for a corner light, lol :lol: