Age Of Es300/330 Drivers

mrsel3

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to make my first post on this thread...

I'm female, 31, and I drive a 92 with 285,000+ miles on it. The body is near perfect (minus 1 small dent on the driver door due to a deer jumping out in front of me - it hit the front bumper and slid over the hood then hit the door and busted the mirror. Other than that, no damage from hitting a deer at about 40 MPH), but the interior has been a little beat up, not very well taken care of (driver seat leather has torn pretty bad). My parents actually just gave it to me because they have too many cars. :whistles: It's been in my family since it was about 5 years old, and I've driven this thing all over the country. It's been pretty reliable, considering it has 285k on it. It rattles a lot, but my parents live on dirt roads. AC doesn't work anymore. There is one problem with acceleration that nobody has ever been able to figure out...if you give it too much gas, it will stutter and cut out until you let off, then it's fine again. You have to drop it down into 2nd if going up a hill, or it will choke. It's been to Lexus and numerous other shops, and not one person has been able to fix it. It's been doing this since about 125k miles, so we finally just gave up trying to figure it out.

My parents (mom is 65) also have a 95 ES, a 97 ES, and a 99 RX, as well as a couple of Ford trucks and a Suzuki Sidekick (they live on 12 acres).

My husband has a 01 BMW 330 XI, and he's 32. He got a lot of grief from my family over his BMW decision, but I have to admit that I love that car as much as I love the Lexus cars. :wub:

22, have had the 94 es300 for > a year. The only reason I bought it was because I got it cheap @ $500 not running. It's almost re-painted and I will be going out of town to pick up a new interior for it soon. After less than $1500 In repairs (all repairs are being done by me. My family owns a body shop so that takes care of the paint) I will be selling it in favor of another Acura or e46 BMW. The Lexus is nice, but not sporty enough for me. I do all of my mechanical repairs, so the reliability issues (which isn't too terrible) with the BMW's does not scare me.... Call my E46 a chick's car all you want I don't care....I'll have a BMW...I win!

• 2 weeks later...

i'm 22 and bought my 02 es300 w/premium package (hid, heated seats/mirrors, rear shade) sept/06 for just under $13k with 140k miles. had complete maintenance including timing belt, minor blemishes, and everything works except auto wipers only seem to work on sunny, dry days (kinda puzzling). anyway, i've browsed the forums since i purchased but only just registered here and on clublexus.com. no mods, but plan on changing to leds on most of exterior bulbs eventually. anyone done this yet? if so, how does it compare as far as daylight brightness? i have leds on my other car and they're hard to see when it's sunny. but at night they look sweet. anyway, hope to post on other topics as it seems relevant to do so. thanks! Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm 22, just bought '94 ES300 on on Jan 1st. Used to drive a BMW 735i, Lexus is much more fun to drive and easier to handle on the road.

I pay attention to people who have ES on the road. I notice a lot of them are well-educated people with tastes. Especially with the newer models.

I'm 36 and bought my ES300 on my 30th birthday, 6 years ago. :) I was going to buy a Volvo but 2 of my close friends had Lexus vehicles and they loved the car, so I bought one too. Now, both friends drive a Mercedes (for the status) and they are both trying to get back into the Lexus Family.

172K miles!!

Hi,

I am 23 years old. I purchsed my 02 ES300 when I was 22. ALl my friends nagged me by telling me it was an old man's car. I didn't care, I got a lot of bang for the buck!

As I drive my lexus everyday I notice one thing, all of the other ES300/330 drivers are much older than I am. I am talking primarily the 02 and up models.

I look much older however not as old as the ES drivers around me. Any thoughts?

Maybe its just every ES300 in my neigborhood, or NY for that matter.

I see a lot of younger guys driving the first generation ES.

This won't make me switch cars, just maybe get tintied windows.

So this is why I am curious to the ages of our memebers.

java script:emoticon(' :cheers:')

smilie

i'm only 19 and i love my es300 and throw a remus exhaust, a weapon r intake on it and i wanna get the tsunami body kit on it and paint it dark grey and throw some cool rimson it

Hi,

I am 23 years old. I purchsed my 02 ES300 when I was 22. ALl my friends nagged me by telling me it was an old man's car. I didn't care, I got a lot of bang for the buck!

As I drive my lexus everyday I notice one thing, all of the other ES300/330 drivers are much older than I am. I am talking primarily the 02 and up models.

smilie

i'm only 19 and i love my es300 and throw a remus exhaust, a weapon r intake on it and i wanna get the tsunami body kit on it and paint it dark grey and throw some cool rimson it

Hi,

smilie

Oh god. Buy a civic if you want to rice a car out.

• 3 months later...

26 and a 1998 ES300. I bought it for the luxury aspect and I'm not looking to make any mods other than lighting, newer alarm, and a newer tint... for now. Probably a 20% chance I'll change my mind.

Hi guys I am 17 and I have a 97 ES300. My Aunt is my mom's best sister, and our favorite Aunt. She gave us this car becuase we were always babysitting and watching their kids often because they are the vacation type. We received it in 2003 and it was driven by my mom and 2 yrs older sister for a few years UNTIL I GOT MY LICENSE >:^) . The car is the best thing we have, but I appreciate the car as it is, the only upgrade I have made were hella whites. but I love this machine