Age Of Es300/330 Drivers

mrsel3

28 with a 99 ES 300.... love it, but do get some crap for driving a "Lexus" at my age!

Heh...I got that, too. I figured they were just jealous! :) Now with my ES300 dead, I drive a Prius....and get peple coming up to me in parking lots asking me how far the thing goes on a tank of gas. I miss my ES though.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep its all about age/money ratio. I have a 93 ls400 and a 92 es300 5-speed. Love them both. Got em cheap as dirt too! haha. I wish i got a new ls430. too bad i'm poor. Too much power for me. I speed and don't even know it. I can't even imagine what a new one must be like!

Purchased the 05 ES for the wife when she was 44. Gave the wife's 9 year old Volvo to the daughter (senior in high school at the time).

There are target markets for all cars. The 05 ES has a soft and predictable ride. I prefer a bit more performance but she made the choice over the Caddy CTX, Lincon LX, Volov all, Acura ??, Infinity ??, Mercedes E350, Jag ??, and BMW 5 series. She was looking for the smoothest and most comfortable for her.

T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'll be 19 next month and bought my 1995 ES300 few months ago as a last resort after giving up on finding an E36 BMW coupe like the one i had back in November of 2005 until i totalled her. Back to the ES i thought it would be a car i would keep for a few months, sell it and buy something i wanted, turns out im loving this car it has 164k miles and running very strong...

• 3 weeks later...

I was 18 when I first bought my 92 ES. After I had an accident in my Mazda 626, I went looking for a car to take me to and from school. I saw a 94 ES down the road from where I live that was for sale. I called the guy up and asked him if I could test ride it. I did and absolutely fell in love with it! I didn't buy it because the asking price was too much and it had alot of cosmetic damage. I went looking online for more Lexus' and found the one I'm driving now. I got it for 3600 and 131K miles. I've added over 10K since I bought it in August and it still drives really well. I'm 19 now and its my favorite car of three that I have had.

Btw, Benji, nice Lex. I'm totally diggin' the colour.

I'm 20, but bought my 95' es300 a year ago. I love Lexus, and plan on buying my RX 400h when I graduate college next year. Lexus is seen as a "matronly" vehicle in my area, but I could care less. I'm a little wise for my age...started a company and find investing more fun than goofing off with friends...so the vehicles naturally cater to my aesthetic.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 30 and just purchased an '02 es300, black. I just put in a new subwoofer and am getting the windows tinted in a few weeks, so I don't think anyone will confuse it with an old person's car. And if they do, who cares? I bought it for the smooth, quiet ride and fantastic interior, not for strangers' approval.

Michael B)

Oh! Dear am I the oldest on here at 67. I bought mine 6 years ago, a 1993. The best, most reliable car I have ever owned. It has now done 160 ks. Uses no oil, has no rattles from suspension bushes, auto in great condition. There is a negligable oil leak from the motor. Do I intend to part with it? Well not in the forseeable future.

I am 22. Was 21 when I bought it. 20 when I bought my BMW.

As owners ( 99 ) :lol::lol::lol: Combined of course :cheers:

HUH?

Do the math, I'm pushing 50 and then there is the wifey.................... :wacko: :whistles: :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I am 23 years old. I purchsed my 02 ES300 when I was 22. ALl my friends nagged me by telling me it was an old man's car. I didn't care, I got a lot of bang for the buck!

As I drive my lexus everyday I notice one thing, all of the other ES300/330 drivers are much older than I am. I am talking primarily the 02 and up models.

I look much older however not as old as the ES drivers around me. Any thoughts?

Maybe its just every ES300 in my neigborhood, or NY for that matter.

I see a lot of younger guys driving the first generation ES.

This won't make me switch cars, just maybe get tintied windows.

So this is why I am curious to the ages of our memebers.

java script:emoticon(' :cheers:')

smilie

I'm 16 I just bought my 1993 Es300, Its great *BLEEP* if they think its an old mans car, Let them beat a brand new gt with they're honda's stock...We're not werid we just have good taste in cars is all

19-1996 Es300, that holds true to the 02+ year es330, I have one friend in particular loves the car, others nag on him sayin its an old mans car..just be glad its not a bmw 330, now THAT is a chicks car..es330 is simply classy but yea reason why younger people dont drive it is because we may not afford it plain and simple