Age Of Es300/330 Drivers

mrsel3

[i'm 44, feel 54. Drive 04 es 330. best car I ever owned. Other car is 05 Saturn Vue. Wife and I switch every month. Went with the 330 because o price and front wheel drive, looked at ls 400 and gs 300. Glad I went with the 330.

Timothy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i'm 44, feel 54.  Drive 04 es 330. best car I ever owned. Other car is 05 Saturn Vue.  Wife and I switch every month.  Went with the 330 because o price and front wheel drive, looked at ls 400 and gs 300. Glad I went with the 330.

Timothy

33 now- bought mine when I was 29. the jealous clowns simply wrote it off as a "camry" or as they put it- "what are you, an old man?". but little do they know, they're girlfriends downright loved riding in my car (they would always ask me if if I could drive them around).Why, I don't know, maybe because adults actually drive nicer better cars. I had an eclipse at the time.I started my own pc consulting company and I needed a sedan to drive my clients to lunch/dinner or office, and they always told me "we must be paying you too much". My lexus has been the best car I have ever owned and I will buy another but not from LEXUS OF FAIRFIELD>

Dang,

I wish I could have had a lec when I was in my 20's :cheers:

23 now got my 99 last year @ 22 from lexus of kendall. cant complain, its no porsche but i still love er, you couldn't believe how many kids in my school drive those damn expensive german cars. University of Miami, more like money, its ridiculous, still i love my jet black baby and i wouldnt trade her for any !Removed! mobile.

55, and its my wife's car. Its a class ride, and the envy of many of our friends, even though the car is 8 years old. We love it so much that she has a new ES330 coming in the fall. My daily drive is a Subaru Outback Wagon (yeah I know!) , that gets me through the winters here in Southern Ontario, but that shares the driving time in good weather with the toys, a 90 300zx, a 54 MG TF and a 55 Thunderbird. ( God....but that Able Walker is not far off!!) (sniff)

21 years old. i was 19 during the purchase of my 96 ES300 Coach.

Has been my prized possesion through college. I plan to keep it as long as i can, as i have/been doing so much with it.

There are people who automatically place u on an income level just cause u drive a lexus, or the fact that " your daddy probably bought it for u"

I bought it myself, thank u

then, there are those other ignorants who look down on u cause you drive a used one. I hate that!!!

I had a 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS since new which my dad bought for me. I paid him back every penny over 5 years. I kept her until 2002. I loved her, but the body was rusting badly, and the sunroof started to leak. I looked at many cars, mainly a 2nd gen Acura Legend coupe, SC400, GS300/400 & ES300. decided on a ES300. So here I am at 31 with a fully loaded 1997 ES300. :)

LOL, I'm a realtor also and you're absolutely right, people love the car. I took a whole group from my office including my office manager (who has a Lincoln) out on tour yesterday and they all loved the car. My manager actually wants one to replace her Lincoln. When you pull up in a Lexus clients and colleagues seem to take you more seriously.

I remember that topic awhile back. I went to a housewarming of a client the other day. On the way out (I took my GX this time) some of the guests were checking out my GX. Then, my client, looking around for my 97 odyssey, told me (next to my GX) "This wouldn't happen to be your car, would it??" Then I told her "yup, it is" She was surprised. I guess it does give you a good reputation using a Lexus in business. Then the other guys that were looking at my GX started a conversation with me and now they were thinking of buying some investment prorperties in town. Well if my client (of the housewarming) buys another property, maybe she'll get a ride in it.

Back to topic.

Well I don't know if including a friend counts, I know a lady who's about 55 or somewhere in the 50s and drives a 97 ES300. If you would see her car, damn, lookin clean and still good. She's only got like 35k miles on that. Her husband drives a GX, so they're a Lexus family forever!

I am 20 years old.

I love the car, looked at the G35 as well, the interior was better on the _________ <--- put any car name here

I just wish I got the wood steering wheel,:chairshot: I got the shift knob, but looks like I'm gonna be sending it to american stitches to get the wheel :wacko:

Imran

I am 20 years old.

I love the car, looked at the G35 as well, the interior was better on the _________  <--- put any car name here

I just wish I got the wood steering wheel,:chairshot:    I got the shift knob, but looks like I'm gonna be sending it to american stitches to get the wheel :wacko:

Imran

try ebay for a steering wheel

I got my 2002 ES 300 in January of this year and turned 45 in February.

I can't tell you how much I love this car !!

The comfort, styling, the fit and finish and the smooothness of a car of this calibar is unbelievable.

This is the first luxury car I've owned and I'm now in a station in life where I can afford it. I was driving and still have a '97 Camaro .

in my 3x(s) ES330

wish I got Lexus 10 years ago, but $$$

go for it when you can afford it, that is IMO why you don't see many 20 years old Lexus drivers.

Yes, BMW 540 far better for fun driving - again IMO.

But, for every day commute in traffic (5 to 40 MPH) nothing can't match ES330 in comfort and noise blocking.

All super additions like a AWD, stability control (VSS), 600 HP dual Hammi (in new Jeep), Sport Pilot tires do not count when you are in traffic.

Ferrary or Kia all are going with the SAME 5 MPH speed or even less.

24...If I were single I wouldn't have purchased this car. If I were single I would be driving an IS300. I am a family man though, wife, kid, planning for another one soon so this car really does the trick. Its all about state of mind. The ride is great, fuel economy is awsome (last vehicle was an Xterra so much of this has to do with the vehicle that I am comparing MPGs against), and a rather spacious interior for a "mid-size", 4-door sedan.

take it easy,

Philip

Hi,

I am 23 years old. I purchsed my 02 ES300 when I was 22. ALl my friends nagged me by telling me it was an old man's car. I didn't care, I got a lot of bang for the buck!

As I drive my lexus everyday I notice one thing, all of the other ES300/330 drivers are much older than I am. I am talking primarily the 02 and up models.

I look much older however not as old as the ES drivers around me. Any thoughts?

Maybe its just every ES300 in my neigborhood, or NY for that matter.

I see a lot of younger guys driving the first generation ES.

This won't make me switch cars, just maybe get tintied windows.

So this is why I am curious to the ages of our memebers.

javascript:emoticon(' :cheers:')

smilie

I don't think that what kind of car you drive will affect how old you look......Sometimes i'll take my wife's 05 es330 to work, and actually feel younger than i really am. I'm 44 by the way ;) Yes it's old to some of you, but still.....

I usually take the rx300 (a womans car to some) or the rx330 (a boat in my opinion). But when i take my wifes es, i feel different. I don't think people think im any older than i am. If i saw a young guy (in their 20's) driving an es, i would think they have good tastes. That's just my opinion.

In 03 i bought my son (now 21 years old) a BRAND NEW LS430. He picked it out and everything. He looked at the IS300 all the way to the SC430's. Believe it or not he picked the LS over the sporty SC430. THAT in my opinion is an old person's car. But he doen't care. He's gotten in 4 accidents since, a total of $13k in repairs, and still drives it today...

Last year my daughter (now 20 years old) was going to college so i got her a new es300. She likes it, and doesn't think she's old either.

This is just my opinion.....A Lexus is a Lexus.....

Hi,

I am 23 years old. I purchsed my 02 ES300 when I was 22. ALl my friends nagged me by telling me it was an old man's car. I didn't care, I got a lot of bang for the buck!

As I drive my lexus everyday I notice one thing, all of the other ES300/330 drivers are much older than I am. I am talking primarily the 02 and up models.

I look much older however not as old as the ES drivers around me. Any thoughts?

Maybe its just every ES300 in my neigborhood, or NY for that matter.

I see a lot of younger guys driving the first generation ES.

This won't make me switch cars, just maybe get tintied windows.

So this is why I am curious to the ages of our memebers.

javascript:emoticon(' :cheers:')

smilie

I don't think that what kind of car you drive will affect how old you look......Sometimes i'll take my wife's 05 es330 to work, and actually feel younger than i really am. I'm 44 by the way ;) Yes it's old to some of you, but still.....

I usually take the rx300 (a womans car to some) or the rx330 (a boat in my opinion). But when i take my wifes es, i feel different. I don't think people think im any older than i am. If i saw a young guy (in their 20's) driving an es, i would think they have good tastes. That's just my opinion.

In 03 i bought my son (now 21 years old) a BRAND NEW LS430. He picked it out and everything. He looked at the IS300 all the way to the SC430's. Believe it or not he picked the LS over the sporty SC430. THAT in my opinion is an old person's car. But he doen't care. He's gotten in 4 accidents since, a total of $13k in repairs, and still drives it today...

Last year my daughter (now 20 years old) was going to college so i got her a new es300. She likes it, and doesn't think she's old either.

This is just my opinion.....A Lexus is a Lexus.....

Room for one more kid? I don't eat much!

36 now (Lexus owner at 35). I think average age of owner has little to do with car preference. It all about affordability. Normally your earning will peak out at 55 and hence most luxury car owners are around that age. I remember reading somewhere that Lexus's target profile for ES was a 35 year old male having with household income of $120k+.

Lexus' target for the ES isn't 35, they're lucky if they get 35 year olds in the IS.

It does have a lot to do with age, similar cars in price range like the 350Z, Infiniti G35 coupe and sedan, Acura TL, a myriad of different sports cars fall within the 30k-40k range and they all have lower average age drivers than the ES.

• 1 year later...
I guess I'm closer to the expected age at 56 with my 2005 ES... :)

1993 es300 and 46 years young { my wife } I have the 1998 gs300 also 46.

28 with a 99 ES 300.... love it, but do get some crap for driving a "Lexus" at my age!