Age Of Es300/330 Drivers

mrsel3

Hi,

I am 23 years old. I purchsed my 02 ES300 when I was 22. ALl my friends nagged me by telling me it was an old man's car. I didn't care, I got a lot of bang for the buck!

As I drive my lexus everyday I notice one thing, all of the other ES300/330 drivers are much older than I am. I am talking primarily the 02 and up models.

I look much older however not as old as the ES drivers around me. Any thoughts?

Maybe its just every ES300 in my neigborhood, or NY for that matter.

I see a lot of younger guys driving the first generation ES.

This won't make me switch cars, just maybe get tintied windows.

So this is why I am curious to the ages of our memebers.

javascript:emoticon(' :cheers:')

smilie

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 23 and bought my ES new in 03. Like you I also look much older, people think I'm in my low thirties.

The national average for the ES is 55. The reason you see younger people driving older ES is simply because they can afford them.

Don't worry about it, we're just weird ;)

I would have to agree it seems that most of ES300 drivers are older. I have a 98 and even with my body style the same holds true. I would also agree that the 92-96 body style is usually driven by people closer to our age. I'm only 21, bought my 98 ES last year. Just a suggestion, if you do get tint, don't go too dark. I think that dark tint takes away the classyness(if thats a word) of any lexus, IMHO.

I drive a 93 ES and i am 32. I look younger then my age. I still get carded when i go out. LOL It gets to be annoying, but yet it fills good LOL :lol: I always say hey i been able to buy beer for 11 years now. :D They really don't care what i say all they want is my ID. :rolleyes:

Gulp... I must fit right in! I am 48 and have the 05 ES330. I decided on the ES because I really like how it looks and the interior is awesome. After driving SUV's and trucks for years, I cant believe how smooth and quiet this car is.

Out here in California middle aged and older people drive the ES330's including alot of women. I don't think I've seen one person under 35 driving an ES330. Now in regards to the 1990's

ES300's, many more young people drive them.

Hardly any young people out here drive LS400's, even the early 90's LS400's. I've noticed alot

of older rich people who could easily afford a new LS430 are hanging on to their early 1990's Ls400's. I guess they are really attached to them. One owner said he likes the "understated elegant appearance" of the early 1990's LS400's that's missing on the newest LS430's. He said none of the new Lexus's appeal to him because they are all so sporty now (huge wheels & extra wide tires, etc) so he's forced to shop other brands of luxury cars.

I'm 26 still driving my '96 ES 124k,that I got new in '96.I love it but wouldn't buy a 330.I get them as loaners and they don't look/feel as sporty.But I guess that's why they made the IS.My next one will be a GS,mine's still going strong with no problems yet.

I just turned 40. I bought a 2005 ES330 for a few reasons, none of which have to do with age.

In my 20's, my wife and I wanted the cool cars like Mustang and Grand Prix. Then one kid came along and we moved to the new SUV's just as they were becoming popular. Then after the second kid, we bought a minivan (I know, I know... What was I thinking?).

My kids are older, one is driving now, and I started looking for a new car. I chose the ES330 because it was a 'classy' car. I am a Realtor and having a 'classy' car with a cool talking nav system gives clients a favorable impression.

BTW, I let me 16 year old drive it a couple of times and he does NOT like it. He says it feels like an old man car :angry: He would much rather drive his Maxima or my wife's SUV.

I turned 24 last week, and I've had my 2000 for about 1.5 years. I love the looks of the 2000 ES, but after driving BMWs (I bought the Lexus because I was tired of reliability issues) I wish it handled and performed like my old Bimmers. My friends call my car the La-z-boy, and I have to agree... it feels like I'm driving a sofa. There's just nothing exciting about my car. Reliable... yes. Classy... yes. Fun... no.

I am 21 and was 20 when i bought my Es300, I thought it was awesome , a 20 year old driving a Lexus. But i dont think other people thought the same, i was expecting to get alot of feedback from my friends liek...wow thats car is hot or something, but no. Evenyone thought it was an old mans car. i dont really think so, but actully around here in Jersey that all that drives these things, older men and women. but i dont care i love my car. And besides, i think the reson you dont see younge people driving our cars is because they simply cannot afford it.

My kids are older, one is driving now, and I started looking for a new car. I chose the ES330 because it was a 'classy' car. I am a Realtor and having a 'classy' car with a cool talking nav system gives clients a favorable impression.

LOL, I'm a realtor also and you're absolutely right, people love the car. I took a whole group from my office including my office manager (who has a Lincoln) out on tour yesterday and they all loved the car. My manager actually wants one to replace her Lincoln. When you pull up in a Lexus clients and colleagues seem to take you more seriously.

I personally learned from owning now two businesses that when you're young like I am you need to compensate with a nice car, a quality watch, and good suits. That coupled with my more mature demeanor have never caused anyone to ask me how old I am or how long I've been doing what I've been doing etc.

My next purchase in a couple years will be an LS430, clients will really love riding in that.

I am 20 years old and have a '97 ES300. I love the car and my friends, family, and co-workers all think that it's a great car. I don't get the head-turns (except from people thinking that I'm just driving my "parents' car") but I do get compliments on it from a wide range of age groups. I bought this car for its reliability and for its style. I love it.

I am 20 years old and have a '97 ES300.  I love the car and my friends, family, and co-workers all think that it's a great car.  I don't get the head-turns (except from people thinking that I'm just driving my "parents' car") but I do get compliments on it from a wide range of age groups.  I bought this car for its reliability and for its style.  I love it.

A lovely 43 year-old with a 2005 ES.

I'm 29 and have owned a '01 ES for almost 2 years. Before that, I had owned a '96 Coach Edition ES ever since the last 2 years at my college.

It's cool to receive compliments and wild favors from friends and colleagues regarding my ES, but it's a much better feeling when I do the car care and maintenance myself and implement modifications to the car. I like having a clean ride inside and out, and the ES is known to be one of the most reliable vehicles in the luxury auto industry. I'm loving every minute I step into my ES :D

I'm turning 19 in a month. My dad passed down the '93 ES to me about two years ago. My very first car, and I couldn't be happier. My friends don't think it fits my age, but then again they haven't experienced the luxury of driving a Lexus. ;)

31, purchased by '01 Coach Edition in September of 2004. I have not even driven it for a year yet, but I am in heaven. I knew what the average age of most ES owners were, I didn't care. I preferred the peace of mind of owning a reliable automobile!

I was 24 when I bought my first Lexus. It was a used 1992 ES with 165,000 miles on it. I got it from my boss. That car served me well until a couple of months ago. At around 275,000 miles, too many repairs mounted up so I sold it and got a used 2001 ES. I'm 29 now. I love the Lexus for its comfortable ride (I have a long commute) and reliability. I don't think it is the sexiest car on the road or the coolest, but it does what I want it to. I could have gotten a used BMW or Mercedes but it would probably been in the shop every month.