Help, My Owner's Manual Is In Japanese

abart

Hi there. My husband is in the Marine Corps and we are stationed in Okinawa Japan. We have a 1990 LS400. Today a warning light came on on the dash and I can't read the owner's manual. He is on his way back from Iraq and can't help me right now. I am afraid to drive the car. Does anyone know if I can access an owners manual online to see what this light is indicating to me?

Thank you,

-A

Ok, let me try this again. :)

A light is coming on on that looks like a car with lines coming out of either the front or the back (I can't tell) sort of like rays of light. Does anyone know what this means? It is frustrating to find this in the manual, but not be able to read what it means.

Thank you.

From what it sounds like, you are describing the tail light malfunction light. It just means that a light is burnt/almost burnt in the rear. Nothing that would make the car unsafe to drive!

From what it sounds like, you are describing the tail light malfunction light. It just means that a light is burnt/almost burnt in the rear. Nothing that would make the car unsafe to drive!

thats more than likely what it is. no reason to not drive it. :)

post a pic if you can :)

Hi there. My husband is in the Marine Corps and we are stationed in Okinawa Japan. We have a 1990 LS400. Today a warning light came on on the dash and I can't read the owner's manual. He is on his way back from Iraq and can't help me right now. I am afraid to drive the car. Does anyone know if I can access an owners manual online to see what this light is indicating to me?

Thank you,

-A

Hi, abart...

You can access online owner's manual by registering with lexus.com. Here is the link:

https://auth.owners.lexus.com/lexusowners/a...2fssl%2fWelcome

When you get to the page click on the "register today" link.

Hope this helps!

I have a 91 LS and it sounds like you are talking about the tail light out warning. No big deal. Open the trunk and wigle those conectors see if the light goes out. Also turn on your lights and check your tail lights. Then step on brake and have someone check your brake lights. More likly then not you have a dead bulb.

By the way THANK YOU from everyone here at home for what you and your family are doing and giving up for us!