Just Ordered 4 Michelin Pilot As Tires

VMF

one of my tires blew up recently and i saw that it is time to replace all of them

went to costco and ordered 4 new michelin pilot AS 225/60/16 tires

total is 700$

did any of you guys tried those tires on LS?

I have a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS 235ZR-45-17 on my GS400. They are without doubt the best tires I have ever owned. You will be very happy with them I am sure.

thanx guys, i will get them on fri, i will let u know, now i have old T rated tires and i'm riding on baloons so i'm expecting some changes in handling and lap times:)

VERY good tires but pricy (as most if not all Michelin tires are). I was very happy with mine on my previous 2001 Maxima. Just maintain them correctly with strict attention paid to rotating them on time & don't forget, they are 'directional' tires. Good Luck! ;)

:cheers:

Excellent Chioce. Have run Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on our last 2 cars. Currently have 40+k on the set on our 02 LS430. And have Michelin tires on our other cars. Plan to keep within the Michelin family when time comes for replacements. BTW, paid $600 for the Pilot Sports. Have a local dealer who will match the best price on the net (mounted, new valve stems, & balanced) which happend to be The Tire Rack (.com).

changed the tires and it feels like i got another car. cornering, handling, everything is so much better! no more spinning during rainy weather! the whole car was shaking and tryint to do whatever it wanted to do when i was chaning lines, now it just does it! even when i turn the steering wheel when the car is not moving its much easier to do so!!!!

i simply love them!

I have had two sets of Michelin X-One Plus tires on my Caprice. I like them because, 1. The handle great for a T rated tire. 2. They are rock steady at high speeds. 3. They are very smooth 4. They wear nicely and last forever. I had 80,000 on my last set and gave them to a friend when I bought new tires. I usually run tires to between a quarter and a half tread. I have 50,000 on the set on my car and they still have over 1/2 tread.

They are expensive, but so is everything else! I just got back from New York City and saw gas around there for $2.59 for regular or something. In North Jersey, it was $2.25 for Premium and $1.95 for Reg

Kind of cool cruising the whistle clean Lexus around Manhatten.

Has anyone looked at Michelin "HydroEdge" tires (I think that these are fairly new to the market and appear to be Michelin's top rated tire at this time), they are T rated versus H rating for original Dunlop "XP Sport 5000 H" tires. What about Michelin "Energy MXV4 Plus" H rated? I'd appreciate any comments about dry and wet traction, and quietness.

FYI: Speed ratings--S-112 MPH, T-118 MPH, , U-124 MPH, H-130 MPH, V-149 MPH

lexus specifically mentiones in the manual that only tires V and above should be installed on the LS, i wanted to get the hydroedge first but the guy checked the book and said that they dont make them in V so i cant get them, installing H rated tires will really affect the handling and perfomance.

Has anyone looked at Michelin "HydroEdge" tires (I think that these are fairly new to the market and appear to be Michelin's top rated tire at this time), they are T rated versus H rating for original Dunlop "XP Sport 5000 H" tires. What about Michelin "Energy MXV4 Plus" H rated? I'd appreciate any comments about dry and wet traction, and quietness.

FYI: Speed ratings--S-112 MPH, T-118 MPH, , U-124 MPH, H-130 MPH, V-149 MPH

The Hydroedge is a very good tire but not recommended for a vehicle like the LS simply because of the speed rating.....MXV4's are middle of the road & are pricy......much better choices out there. If you want a very long mileage premium all season tire with an H speed rating, check out the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads. B) I'm just not 100% sure if they come in the size you need. ;)

www.goodyearassurance.com

lexus specifically mentiones in the manual that only tires V and above should be installed on the LS, i wanted to get the hydroedge first but the guy checked the book and said that they dont make them in V so i cant get them, installing H rated tires will really affect the handling and perfomance.

There is nothing wrong with moving from a V speed rated tire to an H speed, in fact, one might actually have a slightly softer ride (it's only one speed rating were talking about)......going down to a T speed however, I would not do. My Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my 01 Maxima were actually W speed rated. B) But I did have to sacrifice ride harshness because of the stiffer sidewalls. B)

lexus suspension is soft enuff so you are not sacrifising much, i had T rated tires b4 and it was like riding on baloons, now i feel the road much much better, i ahev to admit its stiffer then the previous tires but for just a alittle bit.