Ac Self Diagnostic Question - Code 23

Win-L

My 93 SC 300 just stopped blowing warm air. I ran the self diagnostics and got a code 23 with a beep (currently a problem). Problem is, I don't know what to do about a "Pressure Switch Circut" problem. Any help would be appreciated.

My 93 SC 300 just stopped blowing warm air. I ran the self diagnostics and got a code 23 with a beep (currently a problem). Problem is, I don't know what to do about a "Pressure Switch Circut" problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes I did check the fluid. And to do seld diag on climate system, you hold recycle air and auto button and then turn on ignition, it then gives code to any problems with sys. I have code chart and it says code 23 is Presure Switch Circut. I just don't know whats involved with a presure switch circut.

Yes I did check the fluid. And to do seld diag on climate system, you hold recycle air and auto button and then turn on ignition, it then gives code to any problems with sys. I have code chart and it says code 23 is Presure Switch Circut. I just don't know whats involved with a presure switch circut.

I do not know what the code means, but my 1992 sc400 stopped blowing hot air also. My problem is in the Heater Control Valve assembly. It is located (if you are standing in front of your sc looking at the engine) on the left side of the engine up near the firewall. It has two vacuum lines going into it. To test if this is the problem. just reverse the vacuum lines and see if the air warms up. If that is the problem, you can leave the lines switched temporarily. This assembly is used by the air conditioning. When it gets hot, the air conditioning, this valve opens and allows coolant into the heater to disipate heat. While I would not want to leave this setup permenantly, it could be left for a while until warm weather Finally gets here.

TexasComputerMan

(Arlington, Texas)

• 2 months later...

i had code 23, which is the pressure switch circuit. it was low on pressure for freon. paid 95 bucks for diagnosis where they found no leaks. stupid people took out the r12 and tested for leaks with 134a cause it was cheaper i guess.

they kept the 134 and tried to ask another 150 bucks. but i told them to take the 134 out, and was very unhappy that they switched my gas without letting me know. (134 performance is not nearly as good as r12, and puts more pressure on the compressor. and my compressor is already making noises).

so they emptied the 134, i got the car back with empty gas and lube. went and bought the retrofit kit for 39 bucks from target (later found out walmart has it for 34). charged it two 12 ounce cans (1 still left, comes with 3). Its working superb till now. been a week.

good luck.

• 2 years later...

Since this is the only forum I can find with Code 23 issues, let me explain my issue and maybe someone can help...

I have a 97 ES300 - started up yesterday morning in Upstate New York - it was -10F - indications on the heater control panel were normal, however the heater fan was not coming on. I drove for approx 30 min and then it kicked on. Needless to say I was freezing. It then worked on the way home from work with no issues. Started again today - it was 7F and it did not work for the entire drive to work - approx 45 min. I then went out at lunch, it was 22F, and it worked fine. I ran the diagnostic when it was working today and got an 11 and a 23. I think the 11 may be old but the 23 is always current. I drove a little, came back and only got the 11 (code 23 has lext...). I will double check the error codes again to see if 11 is current or not, and also check error code next time it is not working properly. But, does anyone have a clue on this?? I looked at my coolant overflow tank and it is sufficiently full. I believe my radiator is also full, however I did not pull the cap off yet. Next time cold I will to double check. What could cause my fan to act intermittently? Although it is a 97, this is the first real winter it has seen (previously California car), and yesterday was by far the coldest morning so far this winter... I can not drive another day without heat.... Any help is appreciated.