Hello

Hey there. I just purchased my 94 ES300 Thursday after looking at cars for about 9 hours. I spent the day looking mainly at 99-01 Jettas, late 90's Accords, and a few Mazdas. Then I came across my ES300.

It was kind of funny because there was an older gentleman looking at the car and he test drove it and went wandering around the lot again. I immediately asked to drive the car and as I was driving out of the lot the dealer that was helping me got into an argument with the dealer that was helping the older guy. I heard something about how it's not right to let someone else drive the car if someone is considering a purchase of the vehicle.. I drove off chuckling to myself. Anyway... I took the car around the block and onto the freeway for a few miles and decided that it was the right car. It drives and operates perfectly and with one previous owner, only 55k miles, and it hasn't seen a Minnesota winter I felt it was a good buy. So I went back to the dealership and put in my bid on the car.

This is my first larger sized vehicle which makes me feel like I'm getting older for some reason. I'm 22 years old and throughout high school I drove a 94 Ford Probe GT which I put thousands of dollars of performance modification into (I must say that none of the modifications were the usual '!Removed! cans', etc that you see on a lot of Civics and other sport compacts. Thank god that fad seems to be fading away). It was definately a fun car to drive but that car came to an end almost three years ago when I was in a bad accident that was not my fault. After a few days of rest I purchased a 94 Eclipse GS... which is the base model and very slow. It was a 5 speed manual transmission which made up a little for its sluggishness. That car lasted me a couple years until the transmission went out over a months time and finally died a week ago. So here I am now, with a larger vehicle compared to my previous ones and so far I'm loving it.

Anyway, the main reason of this thread and my first post is to say "Hi". I hope to learn quite a bit about my car through the forum since I know from other car forums that these communities are really full of a lot of information. Here's a few pics of my new ride:

frontsideview02.jpg

rearsideview.jpg

driverdropen01.jpg

intview01.jpg

guages.jpg

Hey there.  I just purchased my 94 ES300 Thursday after looking at cars for about 9 hours.  I spent the day looking mainly at 99-01 Jettas, late 90's Accords, and a few Mazdas.  Then I came across my ES300. 

It was kind of funny because there was an older gentleman looking at the car and he test drove it and went wandering around the lot again.  I immediately asked to drive the car and as I was driving out of the lot the dealer that was helping me got into an argument with the dealer that was helping the older guy.  I heard something about how it's not right to let someone else drive the car if someone is considering a purchase of the vehicle.. I drove off chuckling to myself.  Anyway... I took the car around the block and onto the freeway for a few miles and decided that it was the right car.  It drives and operates perfectly and with one previous owner, only 55k miles, and it hasn't seen a Minnesota winter I felt it was a good buy.  So I went back to the dealership and put in my bid on the car.

This is my first larger sized vehicle which makes me feel like I'm getting older for some reason.  I'm 22 years old and throughout high school I drove a 94 Ford Probe GT which I put thousands of dollars of performance modification into (I must say that none of the modifications were the usual '!Removed! cans', etc that you see on a lot of Civics and other sport compacts.  Thank god that fad seems to be fading away).  It was definately a fun car to drive but that car came to an end almost three years ago when I was in a bad accident that was not my fault.  After a few days of rest I purchased a 94 Eclipse GS...  which is the base model and very slow.  It was a 5 speed manual transmission which made up a little for its sluggishness.  That car lasted me a couple years until the transmission went out over a months time and finally died a week ago.  So here I am now, with a larger vehicle compared to my previous ones and so far I'm loving it.

Anyway, the main reason of this thread and my first post is to say "Hi".  I hope to learn quite a bit about my car through the forum since I know from other car forums that these communities are really full of a lot of information.  Here's a few pics of my new ride:

frontsideview02.jpg

rearsideview.jpg

driverdropen01.jpg

intview01.jpg

guages.jpg

Welcome,

Where did you buy it in MN and how much? Looks nice low mileage!

JT

Congrats on picking up an ES. I notice in the last pic that the city light icon is shown in the instrument cluster, which actually doesn't show up in a US-sold ES. Is that a Canadian spec ES300?

The leather seats look really nice and original for a '94! :D

hey man welcome...you made a great decision...I'm 20 and I got rid of my 88 stang convertible about 8 months ago and picked up the SAME car as you except gold and man I'm still in love with it! It's got 104k but drives like pure gold...you will not regret it! Yeah you feel like an old guy at first but once you wash it a few times and see the way it sits and the double tipped exhaust in the back and the sweet front end you'll forget that feeling. Anytime I get in one of my friends "cool" cars you realize how sweet the ES is.

BTW it handles well at 120mph :whistles:

Tousij2 -

Theres a "bargain lot" off Hwy12 & Cty Rd15 on the frontage road in Wayzata. They have a very large selection and the dealer was telling me that about half of the dealerships on that little strip there send their trade-in's with over 30k miles there. They had a few more ES300s, newer but with higher miles. The place is right next to Lexus of Wayzata if you know where that is.

lexusk8 -

Nope, it has had one owner before me and she lives in the Minneapolis metro area also. What does the "city light" do? I notice it comes on whenever I turn on the parking or headlights.

snidehockey -

I've noticed the car does have pretty good handling on my first cloverleaf I drove on with it. A few people I know seem a little jealous about the car and I get a lot of comments like "Nice Camry" or "It's just a Camry". My buddy has a 92 Camry and that thing is slow as hell and handles like a boat. So -lol- to them

Tousij2 -

Theres a "bargain lot" off Hwy12 & Cty Rd15 on the frontage road in Wayzata.  They have a very large selection and the dealer was telling me that about half of the dealerships on that little strip there send their trade-in's with over 30k miles there.  They had a few more ES300s, newer but with higher miles.  The place is right next to Lexus of Wayzata if you know where that is.

lexusk8 -

Nope, it has had one owner before me and she lives in the Minneapolis metro area also.  What does the "city light" do?  I notice it comes on whenever I turn on the parking or headlights. 

snidehockey -

I've noticed the car does have pretty good handling on my first cloverleaf I drove on with it.  A few people I know seem a little jealous about the car and I get a lot of comments like "Nice Camry" or "It's just a Camry".  My buddy has a 92 Camry and that thing is slow as hell and handles like a boat.  So -lol- to them

possibly a light bulb out? for the city lights icon i mean.

Hello! Welcome to LOC! :cheers: I think that you will enjoy yourself here. Everyone is really great! :) You should learn a lot as well.

BTW Your car looks great. ;) I see that the lights on the dash still work. :cheers: That is a great thing.