Could It Be The Alternator

rich21

today i was driving and i had my headlights on, the radio playing, and the heat blowing. when i put the signal light on i noticed everything went dim on all the lighting instruments and they were flickering. i put the window down and when i went to put it back up the radio cut out the clock reseted. this is my third alternator in two years. can it be again. i have a bosch 100 amp alt. if it is the alternator do i have to get a stronger one. help please...

my last alt went out because the ps pump was leaking. i put in a new pump and alt. i checked the pump today and its not leaking. i bought a brand new battery like 6 months ago. i checked the battery terminals. i disconnected them while car was running and retightened them.

my last alt went out because the ps pump was leaking. i put in a new pump and alt. i checked the pump today and its not leaking. i bought a brand new battery like 6 months ago. i checked the battery terminals. i disconnected them while car was running and retightened them.

No wonder man. Don't ever disconnect while running. First off, you could get your !Removed! fried or really hurt your alternator. But, it does sound like the alt. If this is the third going on fourth, I would look inot a full electrical diagnostic. If you have a multi meter(screw the volt) and can read the wiring, you'll save on a lot of money.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like it is the alternator as the alt supplies power once the car is running and the battery is only used as a backup if the alt can't keep up. Your 100amp alt is really only 85 to 90amps once the case gets hot. If you hurry up and email me before the end of friday I can get you a 180amp alt with 125amp at idle for a great price. <_< An incar voltmeter is a necessity if you've had 3 alternator failures, I assume you have a couple amps???

Sounds like it is the alternator as the alt supplies power once the car is running and the battery is only used as a backup if the alt can't keep up. Your 100amp alt is really only 85 to 90amps once the case gets hot. If you hurry up and email me before the end of friday I can get you a 180amp alt with 125amp at idle for a great price. <_<  An incar voltmeter is a necessity if you've had 3 alternator failures, I assume you have a couple amps???

Hmm...I own a SC300. I've noticed the lights dimmer a bit when I have my hazards on, or some times when I step on the brake.

Will your alternator fit my car? If so, how much are you asking for?

Dom

Sounds like it is the alternator as the alt supplies power once the car is running and the battery is only used as a backup if the alt can't keep up. Your 100amp alt is really only 85 to 90amps once the case gets hot. If you hurry up and email me before the end of friday I can get you a 180amp alt with 125amp at idle for a great price. <_<  An incar voltmeter is a necessity if you've had 3 alternator failures, I assume you have a couple amps???

Hmm...I own a SC300. I've noticed the lights dimmer a bit when I have my hazards on, or some times when I step on the brake.

Will your alternator fit my car? If so, how much are you asking for?

Dom

PM'd you DomLee B)