Rx300 Blue Screen

TAGGAR

I've noticed a problem with my 2001 rx300's blue screen. it seems to delay for 2-3 minutes before the info (radio, climate) setting appear. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems. I SUV is in great shape. It's a 2001 rx300 (silversport), brought it this year in August with 8000 miles on it has 17000 miles now and wife loves it.

Thanks

TAGGAR

I've noticed a problem with my 2001 rx300's blue screen. it seems to delay for 2-3 minutes before the info (radio, climate) setting appear. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems. I SUV is in great shape. It's a 2001 rx300 (silversport), brought it this year in August with 8000 miles on it has 17000 miles now and wife loves it.

Thanks

TAGGAR

the settings, radio, etc... is delayed when you turn on the car, or just putting the key in radio/accesory mode??

but the blue background light comes on right away, right?? this seems strange. 2-3 minutes seems a little toooooooo long. I remember when i had the RX, the delay was about 3-5 seconds.

But since it only happened 2-3 times so far, no big problem. The problem comes when it happens all the time and when your in a hurry to, let's say use the AC on a hot summer day, then that would be a big problem of having to wait 2-3 minutes all the time. Just see what will happen for awhile. ;)

This happened on my 99 rx300! At first it would be delayed a few minutes. Then for a while it would flicker, and a week or two later it just went out. The dealer fixed it (was still under warranty) and it didn't happen again. All i know is that the whole screen was replaced because i had a scratch on it and it was now gone ;) . I don't know what they did, except for replacing it. I am not aware of the cost either.

• 17 years later...