Gentex Mirror

lex

I switched over to Costco Auto Insurance recently. If they offer windshield replacement, would that be under Comprehensive Coverage? Cuz I didn't get that as part of my insurance plan. Does anyone know how much more on the average my insurance will be every six month if I add on Comprehensive? Right now I'm paying $250 without collision and comprehensive.

I just used a little flathead screwdriver to tuck the wire, I remember it being a bit snug, but not too difficult. Don't worry, I'll check the fuse situation in the morning, when there's more light.

About the crack-- is it cracked all the way through, or just on the inside? Does it extend past the black square? I don't think much of my black square is visible from the inside--the compass pod covers most of it. Did you look for any DIY epoxy to fill the crack?

it looks like the crack is on the inside, some of the black paint from the square flaked of in the process of cracking. The crack is shows about a half a centimeter to the left and right of the edges of the black square. I have to becareful with adjusting the mirror cuz with every small movement of the mirror I can hear the glass crunching behind the mount. I didn't know there was any epoxy that can hide cracks.

Ok so I've found that there are kits out there that fix cracks, but they're friggin expensive! I don't think i'll be able to fix the damage with it since the glass is crunched behind the button mount. I just hope the mirror doesn't fall off before I can get the windshield replaced. :(

Long awaited fuses:

One goes on the bottom of the "STOP" fuse, (20A), The other goes on the bottom of the "TURN" fuse (7.5A)

The third wire is spliced into a green wire that runs underneath the steering column (this may be a ground wire, due to the green color).

Around here there's a mobile windshield repair service that comes around in a van. Check your local yellow pages, I'm sure there's a similar service. Explain your situation over the phone, they'll be able to tell if its fixable or if the windshields a total loss.

Thanks, I connected the homelink to the Stop Fuse, the compass to the cig fuse, and the ground I just used it as a washer by putting it behind the top left screw of the lower dash panel. Everything seems to work fine, got the compass calibrated and the homelink going. :) Altho it would have been cheaper overall to get the thing professionally installed now that i need a new windshield. <!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo-->