My Lexus Is Knocking

:cries: Help, my 1998 Es300 stopped on me. I let my son drive it and it stopped. The oil light was on and the battery was down. As i bosted it off the engine made a clanking sound. It had oil in it ( it was needing to be changed) and the oil wasn't milky or brown. But it still clattered. I changed the oil and tried to restart it and it still sounded like it did previously. I think that i threw a rod or could it be something else? I have been searching for a lexus club for a while and thatk god i finally found one!

:cries: Help, my 1998 Es300 stopped on me.  I let my son drive it and it stopped.  The oil light was on and the battery was down.  As i bosted it off the engine made a clanking sound.  It had oil in it ( it was needing to be changed) and the oil wasn't milky or brown.  But it still clattered.  I changed the oil and tried to restart it and it still sounded like it did previously.  I think that i threw a rod or could it be something else?  I have been searching for a lexus club for a while and thatk god i finally found one!

Sorry dont know what is wrong with your car bu tI would recommend to stay away from toyota of killeen, had them put in a knock sensor put it in crooked and it melted and cause damage to engine and would nt take responsibilty for it.

You may have a sludge problem do a search and prepare to read for an hour to know everythign you can to get a FREE replacement

[/quote

Thanks for the informantion. I have never really heard of that problem. Should i search within the club or do a general search on the internet? Should i search for sluge problems or engine recalls for my year?

You may have a sludge problem do a search and prepare to read for an hour to know everythign you can to get a FREE replacement

[/quote

Thanks for the informantion. I have never really heard of that problem. Should i search within the club or do a general search on the internet? Should i search for sluge problems or engine recalls for my year?

It is in the forums someplace do a search of all forums on this site